• This topic has 67 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • The Big Debate… Mug Orientation
  • zzjabzz
    Free Member

Of course they should be the right way up. My OH also stores mugs and glasses upside down which is probably the main reason we don’t co-habit (it’s not actually). Strangley, she doesn’t store plates, bowls or pans upside down for the same reasons though…

peekay

Zzjabzz.
    Great idea, he should definitely put every other piece of crockery, glassware and utensil upside down. Ornaments, shoes, toiletries and clothes as well. She would love it as it shows that you listen and care.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

You guys might be onto something here… I could park her car upside down on the drive to demonstrate how FRICKIN STUPID her habit is…

Kahurangi

I think you need to re-stack EVERYTHING in the cupboards upside down to prevent the sudden and unwanted ingress of arachnids.

You#ll either

1. end up a quivering wreck on the floor, victim to the latest chock-hold-pinch-uppercut then be made to put them all back the way they were before
    or

2. make her realis that unless applied to everything in life, her reasoning falls down and you will, unexpectedly win

matt_outandabout

Of course they should be the right way up. My OH also stores mugs and glasses upside down which is probably the main reason we don’t co-habit (it’s not actually). Strangley, she doesn’t store plates, bowls or pans upside down for the same reasons though…

This.
    Why would you store one household item upside down, and everything else right way?

fettlin

wrong! you’re all wrong!

my wife and I have been together co-habiting for 9 years now, the reason (the only reason!) that we are still happilly together is to never let your mug get empty/cold 🙂

As soon as the dregs are visible its time to put the kettle on for another brew….

stumpy01

Right way up…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

fettlin:

wrong! you’re all wrong!

my wife and I have been together co-habiting for 9 years now, the reason (the only reason!) that we are still happilly together is to never let your mug get empty/cold

As soon as the dregs are visible its time to put the kettle on for another brew….

Looks like we’ve found Guy Martin’s account.

Daffy

I honestly couldn’t care, but felt the need to comment…

Cougar

I suppose it makes sense if you’re the sort of freakoid who has cups “for best” that only get emptied of dust every two months, like my gran used to do. But I’ve got to say, face up sounds a lot more hygienic than the rim being dragged across the shelf every day. And in four decades of daily use I’ve never once found anything in a cupboarded mug that made me think “zomg, I must turn all my crockery upside-down henceforth!”

There’s a simple solution though. Why don’t you put your mugs in the cupboard face up and hers face down? Job jobbed.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

There’s a simple solution though. Why don’t you put your mugs in the cupboard face up and hers face down? Job jobbed.

OK clever dick, what about when I make her a brew?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You take the mug out of the cupboard, and turn it round 180 degrees. Thus making it able to receive liquids

Or have I missed something?

Cougar

Turn it over?

Use one of yours?

Ask her to do it?

Good god man, do I have to think of everything?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

convert

Leave it the way up she likes and make her a thimble sized brew in the tiny indent on the bottom of the mug (the bit where water collects in the dishwasher and spills over everything else). She’ll think it’s really funny and you definitely won’t get beaten up by your scary sounding other half.

sbob
    Free Member

Upside-down mugs?

Perverts, the lot of you.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Turn it over? – I have an issue with unnecessary and inefficient actions (see above)

Use one of yours? – Then there will be one less right-way-up mug for me

Ask her to do it? – Yeah right (see above)

Good god man, do I have to think of everything? – I came here for help, it’s the least you can do!

epicyclo

cyclingweakly – Member
    …she’s a Police Officer… Every now and again, they have refresher courses where they learn the latest self defence and detention techniques….

Mate, whichever way she says…

mikey74
    Free Member

Leave them in the drainer tray, at some oblique angle, resting on other washing up that hasn’t moved in nearly two months. That’s the only way to safely store mugs. Take out of drainer to fill, return when empty and washed. Repeat.

cranberry
    Free Member

she’s showing me in so much as to say “Listen pal, you ever try and stop me from putting my mugs upside down, and this is what will happen..”

Set up covert video – record the violent domestic abuse.

Result – you get a free house, she gets a smidgen of jail time and a restraining order keeping her away from your mug cupboard.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

We are a fully diversity and inclusion trained household and so have a completely random approach to these things. Keeps everyone on their toes, plus I have much better things to rant about. Like why do we buy so much cheese that never gets eaten and adverts…

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Like why do we buy so much cheese that never gets eaten and adverts…

Adverts help you choose which cheese to buy… Seriously though, you leave cheese?? And you guys think I live in a weird household!!

matt_outandabout

Like why do we buy so much cheese that never gets eaten and adverts…

I can help with the cheese consumption, if it needs increasing….

ell_tell
    Free Member

Is that a Robocop mug up there? ^^

If so, that is awesome and I want one!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is that a Robocop mug up there? ^^

If so, that is awesome and I want one!

You need to buy them for a dollar.

ononeorange

Can I just say that this is the first time I’ve appeared on this thread?

funkmasterp

Just have three mugs. Yours, right way up, hers, wrong way up and a guest mug. Either that or compromise and lay them side on.

benp1

Definitely right way up

Personally I prefer to take mine straight off the draining board

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘The Big Debate… Mug Orientation’ is closed to new replies.