Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The alps with an infant – recommendations for a guiding holiday
  • wavejumper
    Free Member

A group of us are planning an alps trip and would like guided riding with decent singletrack type riding. The other halfs will be in tow and a 3 month old baby. They plan to go walking etc while we’re out riding.
    Can anybody recommend a suitable venue. We’re happy to find our own accommodation (hire our own chalet etc) as we’re not going to want to be in with other riders particularly with a small baby screaming all night etc etc, so I guess the question is where can I get decent guiding only for a group of of without the accomodation / food side of things as I will organise this separately?
    Any suggestions please?

andyfla
    Free Member

No idea on the alps but altitude adventure in the pyreenees may be able to help you out – great walking around there and truly awesome biking.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Most guided riding companies have their own accomodation. However there are local outfits at most of the big resorts if you want to book your own chalet. Most resorts are quite family orientated with walking paths, pools and other activities and the mountain restaurants are mostly populated by walkers or those who have driven up. Plenty on here go to Morzine/Les Gets with their families and the trails are marked and/or off-piste stuff quite well known or easy to research on here so you don’t need a guide. Morzine is only 1 hour from Lake Geneva, some pretty medieval villages (eg Yvoire) and boat trips on the lake over to Swiss side.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘The alps with an infant – recommendations for a guiding holiday’ is closed to new replies.