• This topic has 314 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 315 total)
  • the 2018 spring classics thread
  • Klunk
    Free Member

impressive win

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awesome, hard riding Belgian .. my faves.

jobro
    Free Member

Amazing to think Van Aert has gone from one hour races to do so well in a four hour one.

Great race again. Strade Bianche might not be a Monument, but for me, it’s the first of the Classics.

scaredypants

Amazing to think Van Aert has gone from one hour races to do so well in a four hour one.

Yeah, impressive even given the terrain.  TBH I’d have imagined van der Poel would’ve made the more likely roadie

bikebouy
    Free Member

WvA has been riding road for a few seasons, in local Belgian events only. It this year he’s touted to do more including PR and De Ronde.. it will be good to see how he takes PR on.

I too think the faves all rode themselves out of it, too much looking around at Sagan..

ugarizza
    Free Member

When’s the next Spring Classic? I’m enjoying this stuff, feeling like I’m getting my 2 pounds worth of value from Eurosport too.

Klunk
    Free Member

some quality gurning today 🙂

that was some effort

Klunk
    Free Member

the next classic is Milan-San Remo on March 17th

kilo

Not sure if this’ll work but shows how knackered WvA was, falling off on the final climb

https://mobile.twitter.com/kingstonwheeler/status/969968381028896768/video/1

ugarizza
    Free Member

Thanks! Looking forward to it. Good pictures too, cheers.

Watched that video, wow, he really did empty the tank today.

kilo

P
    scaredypants

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>TBH I’d have imagined van der Poel would’ve made the more likely roadie</span>

Presuming van deer Poel is still focused on his goal of the mountain bikes in the Olympics I 2020 and will be doing the xc World Cup again this year.

Klunk
    Free Member

nah, he had to dismount and remount somewhere along the ride force of habit 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some awesome pics on insta.. if you have it just take 10mins over there. 📸☄️🤩

Klunk
    Free Member

some more piccies

atlaz
    Free Member

On WvA’s bike, was that a seatpack, camera or the Velon thingee?

Klunk
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member
    scaredypants

not a spring classic but I think it fits here,

has anyone seen Paris Nice st 1.  I’m just looking at the (silent) replay on eurosport.  Those guys look really pissed off

scaredypants

finish worth a look though, if you can find a stream

small spoiler:

The final 5km is more than enough – rest was just grim

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Great pic by Chris Auld:

https://goo.gl/images/ZnXvqy

bikebouy
    Free Member

TJ out, I’m beginning to wonder why he starts a race these days.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

About 12 months ago I spotted that the Vuelta Cataluña route came past our house and had a stage finish at the top of a local climb which is a real brute, 1000m of height gain in 12km. A couple of weeks before the race, MrsPB and I decided to ride up it so off we set. A few hairpins into the climb a couple of riders come shooting past, one in particular dressed in every piece of Movistar riding kit made, thermal jacket, roubaix longs, full gloves, balaclava, the works. He gave us a cheery hello and cleared off in big ring. Some time later I arrived at the top to see him chatting to his mate in the little carpark. I rode over to look down the climb for Trish and he started chatting about my bike, tyre sizes etc, the usual bollocks. I replied in my broken Spanish, turns out he lives up near Tarragona. I summonded my best vocab and informed him that the Vuelta Cataluna would be up here in a couple of weeks, he replied, “I know, I’m in it” his mate piped up “his name is Marc Soler”
    He’s today just won the Paris-Nice. :roll:

weeksy

He’s today just won the Paris-Nice.

Sheesh. Wasn’t expecting this in the spring classic thread!. I’ll delete today’s off my planner now.

kilo

Watch it anyway very good exciting race.

milan San remo next weekend.

Klunk
    Free Member

weeksy

That’s just a little bit on the bonkers side of things !

weeksy

some pre race needle between Sagan and Kwiatkowski

You have to be sensible sometimes and play to your strengths and weaknesses. Everyone knows Sagan can sprint, it’s what he does… So of course you’re not going to put yourself in a position where you’re tired as the sprint comes up, it would be crazy to do so.

Klunk
    Free Member

all’s fair in love and bike racing (except dope, elbows and motors obviously 🙂 )

Klunk
    Free Member

thunderstorms forecast for the end of the race so a tricky descent off the Poggio

jobro
    Free Member

I’m not even going to start predicting a winner this weekend. The Classics are hard enough to call at the best of times but Milan often throws up a surprise. What I will predict is that this years race will be a real corker with so many riders who can climb a bit and sprint a bit in very good form.

My heart says Sagan though! Current saviour of cycling?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just a bump M-S-R is today, live on Eurosport from 1330.

Klunk
    Free Member

7 hrs in the rain going to be a cheery peloton 🙂

corroded
    Free Member

I would I like to ride Milan-San Remo today? No.

Klunk
    Free Member

qs, sky and bora leading the chase

jobro
    Free Member

Who reckons they could take a pair of leggings off while keeping the speed over 20mph ??

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blimey, Cav’s somersault 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🥊💥

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awesome break, Great win.

scaredypants

yeah, credit to him for spotting the opportunity and battering on

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 315 total)

The topic ‘the 2018 spring classics thread’ is closed to new replies.