Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,437 total)
  • That Maxxis "babes calendar" article…
  • aracer
    Free Member

Whilst your trademark is irony?

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

Only if you don’t understand what irony is.

grum
    Free Member

junkyard – you can slow down. I may have used the word ‘bullying’ but anyone with a basic knowledge of the english language and without an axe to grind knows there is a huge difference between what I said and complaining of bullying.

So when you complain about bullying, using the word bullying – you’re obviously not really complaining about bullying, but when no-one at all uses the word banning or even hints at it, they’re all definitely talking about banning things.

Ok then! 😆

binners

Ironing?! But do you understand what ‘is’ is

Has it got big tits?

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

I can’t be bothered to think about the actual issue so I’ll just pick out minor flaws in other people’s posts and then make some extra ones up. That’ll make me look clever.

That right?

What’s all this got to do with a calendar?

Back in the day, when peanuts were regularly sold on boards depicting bikini clad girls, did you ever once flounce out of the pub and declare you’d never drink there again? Or even once complain to the barman/manager? Or even make a comment to your friend about the misogynistic peanuts?

Thought not.

By the way, some pubs still sell those nuts. Shocking isn’t it.

grum
    Free Member

I already made the logical arguments but it was a bit pointless because you kept making things up. 🙂

binners

Aaaaaaah the 1970s? Joyous weren’t they.

I’m going to order a calendar to take me back to those halcyon days.

I’m also going to reinstate calling Asian gentlemen ****’s. Because it was fine back then. And in the same way that objectification of women isn’t actually sexism – as you repeatedly and increasingly bizarrely maintain – using the word ****, while having racial conertacions, describing as it does someone’s racial origins – is technically merely an abbreviation, and not racist at all.

And if you’re going to take offence at it then you’re just being oversensitive. Or a troll. Or a bully. Or something.

aracer
    Free Member

Rain on your wedding day?

chip
    Free Member

Aaaaaaah the 1970s? Joyous weren’t they.
    I’m going to order a calendar to take me back to those halcyon days.
    I’m also going to reinstate calling Asian gentlemen ****’s. Because it was fine back then. And in the same way that objectification of women isn’t actually sexism – as you repeatedly and increasingly bizarrely maintain – using the word ****, while having racial conertacions, describing as it does someone’s racial origins – is technically merely an abbreviation, and not racist at all.
    And if you’re going to take offence at it then you’re just being oversensitive. Or a troll. Or a bully. Or something.

More drivel, binners.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rain on your wedding day?

It’s meeting the woman of your dreams, then meeting her beautiful wife.

Junkyard
    Free Member

junkyard – you can slow down. I may have used the word ‘bullying’ but anyone with a basic knowledge of the english language and without an axe to grind knows there is a huge difference between what I said and complaining of bullying. But then again misrepresentation seems to be what you do

Ah got you so when so we have moved form you denying you said you said it and saying we were making it up to the much more credible position of you said it but it did not mean what you said it meant.
    What rule of trolling is this? Stupidity clause 4 ?

Who’s arguing sarcasm is bad exactly?

Well you dont seem to like Binners posts much so you, though of course you prefer to call it bullying but when you say bullying you dont mean bullying etc

Or did you just make that up, again?

Oh the irony In my defence when I said sarcasm I did not mean sarcasm as defined in the dictionary and I was provoked into using this terms by you so its your fault and this means your argument is really crap….apparently

This is really the way you are debating and calling others troll

BRILLIANT

mikey3
    Free Member

You people are scary.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

‘thread be like …

grum
    Free Member

More drivel, binners.

Bullying? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bullyshitting I think.

(That goes for binbins as well.)

binners

Chip – are you being held hostage by the 1970’s? Do you want us to all try and rescue you?

Punk isn’t as big any more, and orange and brown decor isn’t what it was.

On the plus side if you’re doing the whole folk beardy thing then you’ll fit right in! You could probably get a ‘Blokes With Their Beards Out, and Birds with Their Tits Out’ calendar

Beards? Big tits? Result Eh? 🙂

chip
    Free Member

No, you are the only one obsessed with the 70s on this thread.

chip
    Free Member

Have a read of what these wonderful young women (use to) do.

And all you can see is the 70s and big tits.
    http://www.maxxis.co.uk/news/corporate/maxxis-supports-macmillan-and-its-fight-against-cancer

binners

In the spirit of equality, Shall we start a ‘Get Your Cock Out For Cancer’ calendar then?

I’m game if you are sister!

We’ll raise millions!!!!!!

chip
    Free Member

The women look dressed to me.

km79
    Free Member

There are a few interesting threads on this forum. Unfortunately they are outnumbered by pathetic ones like this. Is descending to this level of pettiness really how people here spend their free time?

The thought of spending enough time on here to turn into one of you sends shivers down my spine. Thanks for the wake up call, I am off to look at something more interesting, like a calendar with boobies in it.

theocb
    Free Member

😀 Nobody has wound me up at all.
    I have no idea if others are getting worked up or not. Hard to tell with the written word I suppose.

I thought it was an interesting thread with lot’s of interesting opinions. You don’t have to agree with all of them to discuss it 😳

Forum bullying isn’t some sort of evil crime.. He was acting like a Troll trying to antagonise and call people names because they don’t agree with his opinion. It’s a type of forum bullying imo 😛

Maybe some of you take it too seriously to have a chit chat about such matters.

A little chunk from the forum rules

Respect for everyone is paramount. If we see evidence or have good reason to believe that you are looking to get a rise or to deliberately force a reaction from any other users (Trolling) then we will stop you.

If you are here to chat, respectfully debate issues or ask genuine questions of the thousands of users who come here then you are welcome to stay and we have no doubts you will add positively to our huge community.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Forum bullying isn’t some sort of evil crime.. He was acting like a Troll trying to antagonise and call people names because they don’t agree with his opinion. It’s a type of forum bullying imo

Numerous people fit this description on this thread.

chip
    Free Member

Km79 you are the voice of reason.
    I have nothing further to add apart from I hope this calendar goes back on line and hope the over dramatic scribblings of a hypocrite has not cost a very worthy charity much needed money.

I am out.

andyrm
    Free Member

^^ Wise words chip and KM79.

If the author REALLY cared about Maxxis’ marketing and how it impacts the female market, she should have contacted them, offered her services to set a good tone of voice on future endeavours and negotiated some ad spend to her paymasters at total women’s cycling, thus gaining rock star points all round. Instead, she’s just yet another internet moaner with a shouty voice, making a lot of noise and complaining, but doing nothing to progress the situation. The internet seems to have created a real need to “vent” and rant rather than actually taking action.

Live and let live, I say. Either do something about it (not a ranty self publicising “open letter”) or pipe down. I’d say the same to anyone – male or female – ranting online.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed, she should just keep quiet about it really. Like women always have. Y’know, put up, shut up, or do it nice and quietly and don’t go annoying sexists by challenging their opinions openly online.

As for km79’s wise words…the great thing about these threads is to enlighten us as to the swathes of unenlightened that are more than happy with the status quo, or that want, perhaps, to lower their knuckles a little more and push back a little with their enlargened and thick boned brows.

deepreddave
    Free Member

I thought the author wrote a decent piece from a reasonable perspective. I’m not really sure what the rest of you agree or disagree on but it is ONLY an Internet discussion so pinches of salt required.
    Now what tyres and which calendar….

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

It’s just incredible isn’t it. Apparently not feeling the need to ban a very tame calendar means you’re an actual Neanderthal.

So yeah darcy, this thread really does give an insight into some peoples’ petty mentality. On that we can agree.

dannyh
    Free Member

Just popped back on to see how this thread had developed (kind of knowing, but still with a ray of hope). In one way it is nice to be proved right, but far more depressing is the descent into outright confrontation, accusations of bullying etc etc. Still, some of the individual posts may contain good points or amusing asides, so I’d better give it a good read to make sure.

stewartc
    Free Member

As for km79’s wise words…the great thing about these threads is to enlighten us as to the swathes of unenlightened that are more than happy with the status quo, or that want, perhaps, to lower their knuckles a little more and push back a little with their enlargened and thick boned brows.

It also enlightens us to all other sorts.

TBH I’m probably not the market for these types of calendars, but unless its being forced upon you and is not showing anything currently illegal in the places were it can be bought, why ban it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why ban it ?

I assume its because its easier to keep beating this straw man to death that an actually read what folk have said? DO we have to say every page no one has said ban it ?

It’s just incredible isn’t it. Apparently not feeling the need to ban a very tame calendar means you’re an actual Neanderthal.

FFS again no one has said bann the **** thing except those who love the calendar and decided to keep making things up and then just repeating it over and over again like a broken stuck demented record unable to comprehend the simple fact that no one has said ban the **** thing.
    Really this many pages in and you still cannot work out why folk object.

So yeah darcy, this thread really does give an insight into some peoples’ petty mentality. On that we can agree.

is it the ones who forget what they said [ then blamed others for making them call someone a bully]and then made things up about what other side have said ?

I do find it really odd that so many of you have been so one sided on abuse claims. Often in posts where you have abused the “other side”. Its not like I am denying binners or DD are being rude about the monobrow lot now am I or just pretending only you are doing it.

Christ some of you lot would not notice the evidence unless it was beautifully and tastefully adorned by a lady with her norks out.

piemonster

So is it the OP that wants to ban a calendar!?

piemonster

Hold on, “norks out”?

Flounces off for a Google

Euro
    Free Member

Conclusive proof that some men have moved on from objectifying women to the enlightened state of just being a dick/fanny (in the interest of equality). That’s what i call progress. Top work master debaters!

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m concerned at the level of anti-Neanderthal prejudice displayed on here. Just because they are no longer around to defend themselves they make easy targets.

grum
    Free Member

not feeling the need to ban a very tame calendar means you’re an actual Neanderthal.

Oh dear that makes every single person on the thread a Neanderthal then, seeing as no-one had mentioned anything about banning it (apart from you). 😆

dannyh
    Free Member

In honour of binners work on this thread and ernie lynch on another……

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9-FW4NWiRmY[/video]

I do like the fact that auto correct on my iPad tries to spell ‘banners’ when typing ‘binners’!

theocb
    Free Member

Junkyard, seriously? Have a read of your last post and ask yourself if that seems OTT. So what if you don’t agree with others.. Swearing,ranting and name calling are not things the forum allows. Rein it in or pull yourself away from the keyboard 8)
    I assumed Deadly Darcy’s post was a Troll 😕

Fast forwarding to 20?? (2016 maybe) who knows what year!
    In the new world where sexism has died it’s death (slowly happening right now) and everything is equal or nearly so.. Will this type of advertising be okay through choice?

Surely for things to progress we also need a less judgemental attitude too.
    Personally I don’t think objectification should be grouped with sexism; I appreciate it isn’t easy to separate them due to the sexist attitudes that have dominated in recent times but they are very different things to deal with imo

cumberlanddan
    Free Member

But theocb, do you not see that objectification = sexism? You Neanderthal.

I expect the sound effect for this post is “whoosh”!

deepreddave
    Free Member

There is an argument (somewhere in this thread) that we are all entitled to advertise/model as we wish. I’m sure customers can decide what advertising they do and don’t like but maybe that’s the problem.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,437 total)

The topic ‘That Maxxis "babes calendar" article…’ is closed to new replies.