Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • TF Tuned Shox..
  • rkearsey
    Free Member

Just thought id say a quick thank you to the guy i spoke to on the phone yesterday and wanted to share the good experience i got!
    I have a Rockshox Lyric fixed fork and wanted an extra firm spring, i called up and he confirmed it would be a few months until they got stock, but then recommended going to a u-turn so i could get the upgraded spring. Being fairly new to MTB’ing i wouldn’t expect to be able to convert this myself. I asked about fitting price and the guy said not to bother as i could easily do it myself. This guy could of easily ripped me off and said they needed to fit it and charge me a fortune. Top service from these guys and ill be phoning them up on payday to order the kit!

Sorry for the long post but i was very impressed.

slackalice
    Free Member

+1 from me too for recent dealings with TFT. Excellent service.

Edric64
    Free Member

Time I think about getting forks serviced it`s more cost effective to buy an updated model as servicing is so expensive.

boxfish
    Free Member

Time I think about getting forks serviced it`s more cost effective to buy an updated model as servicing is so expensive.

I suppose that depends on how much you pay for forks/servicing and how often you pay for them to be serviced.

Edric64
    Free Member

Isnt a service with tft well over £100 quid + postage both ways ?

pipnet1
    Free Member

I’ve only good things to say about TF. Every time I’ve dealt with them they have been faultless. As you said, even to the point where they could have got more money off me.

As for fork servicing, most forks are pretty simple to service yourself. Especially RockShox. The only forks I’ve come across that are a faff are some of the more complicated ‘Zocchi forks, needing special/modified tools, 12 pairs of hands, and a comprehensive knowledge of swear words!

Edric64
    Free Member

I did an oil and seal change on a pair of dukes years ago but not since .

Militant_biker

I’ve used TF-tuned 3 times, 1st time was great, 3rd time their customer service was so good I forgot about the 2nd time, so overall, I’ve been very happy too. 😀

mrplow
    Free Member

Only had excellent service from TFTuned and love the fact I can phone and have a detailed conversation about my wishes and get all the technical input required to make decisions. Love the feel of all the shocks they have fettled for me. Some were spot on after one tune, some took a couple of tweeks but TF don’t charge for the 2nd fine tune. :mrgreen:

bigjim

Ordered a custom heavy duty mount yesterday morning and it came through the letterbox this morning, quite impressed!

Edric64
    Free Member

Rock shox recon gold service with postage is minimum £120 as I only paid about £180 for them its hardly worth getting anything done to them .Not knocking the price but cant see the point in getting a service done on forks of this quality

wordnumb
    Free Member

Times I’ve used them TfT have been excellent. They did however stick a TfT sticker on my forks, my carefully destickered forks. Maybe they thought ‘oh dear, these forks were born without stickers, let’s help them out’… but actually the forks had no stickers because I didn’t want stickers on that pair of forks. I recall that it was a particularly sticky sticker as well, far more hassle to remove than the fork manufacturer’s stickers.

pugster007
    Free Member

Thursday before Easter, a few years ago, I desperately wanted my shock back from TFT so that I could ride over the weekend. Got chatting to ‘one of the staff’ turns out it was the joint owner. Arranged to meet him next day at his mother in law’s which was near my house. Collected my shock an d I was able to enjoy the great weather that weekend, Top service, use them every time now!

discoduck
    Free Member

Just had mine serviced, just shy of £100

My forks were nearly £1,000 ! So changing mine for some that’s nearly the same price clearly won’t work ?

I’ve used TF for some time now and have always had excellent customer service, their coffee is quite good too, and upstairs in the seating area there are some really early editions of STW ! It’s scary looking back at how much things have progressed, going back to when the 5th elefant coil shock came out I was on the phone to Tim once a week, that thing was like the enigma code…….. Always helpfull and nothing ever seemed like too much trouble !!!

They are always stacked up with work so they must be doing something right ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lower service – home or local job.
    Full overhaul once a year/2 years? Worth the £100

Northwind

Aye, I do my own lowers services- daft not to tbh- but even though I can do the big services, the other part is “noticing stuff is going wrong before you would”, and that’s quite handy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Everyone can do the big service, just did my dual air Revs. It didn’t work and the helpful RS instruction are vague and not much use. Call to RS on monday (via LBS)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘TF Tuned Shox..’ is closed to new replies.