Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Tesco to announce initiative to build 600 km of urban cycle lanes
  • Harry_the_Spider

What do we make of that then?

Flaperon

I think it’s great. Might even make me start shopping there again…

jam-bo

I find aldi’s are much better value.

project
    Free Member

wonder which roads they own and which councils have agreed if any to give up road space for us cyclists, and shouldnt it be miles not KMs.

EVERY LITTLE HELPS.

andyl
    Free Member

new delivery bike bike service?

Cougar

Details?

ninfan
    Free Member

Probably just so they’ve got somewhere convenient to park their **** delivery vans!

brooess
    Free Member

Shows how powerful STW has got! One thread complaining about them and we get this 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Details?

A quick google, gives this link.

Smudger666

Genius Jamie – genius!

muggomagic

Jamie – Freeloader!
    Details?
    A quick google, gives this link.

Ahhhh it’s like Groundhog Day.

hatter

Did I just get Rick Rolled in some oblique manner?

Well played Jamie

iamroughrider
    Free Member
    cookeaa

Well 600km sounds more impressive than 370 miles I suppose.

It works put as roughly 20m or cycle lane per store…

Cycling is on the up generally, and everyone is looking for an angle… Not that bothered by tesco either way, but planning and funding the building of cycling infrastructure should really be the job of local authorities.

ocrider

EVERY LITTLE bit of greenwash HELPS

Good to see that they are giving something back to the community….That is, after having destroyed the high street and independent retailers irreparably nationwide. **** ’em.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If Aldi were planning on building the cycle lanes you would get 500 miles for the same money.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If Aldi were planning on building the cycle lanes you would get 500 miles for the same money.

Yea, but their sausages are the wurst.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Painting a 20meter line around the edge of all their car parks is hardly great

andytherocketeer

10 meters of bike shed would be a good start.
    Asda install 5, then go and put other stuff in the carpark that blocks them off.

lemonysam
    Free Member

It works put as roughly 20m or cycle lane per store…

That’s almost enough to completely link up most major cities.

back2basics
    Free Member

@lemonysam
    not in scotland!

wonnyj
    Free Member

That is like a lap of each car park

franksinatra

That is, after having destroyed the high street and independent retailers irreparably nationwide responded to changing consumer habits and provided them with the convenience they demand. **** ’em.

FIFY

slowoldman

Now if Carlsberg built cycle lanes…

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

Maybe somebody needs to mention it on the Tesco Wikipedia page?

Kunstler

If Aldi were planning on building the cycle lanes you would get 500 miles for the same money

Yeah but it would be full to capacity by lunchtime on the first day and you’d have to wait six months until they build more.

ocrider

franksinatra – Member
    That is, after having destroyed the high street and independent retailers irreparably nationwide responded to changing consumer habits and provided them with the convenience they demand. **** ’em.
    FIFY

So you wouldn’t agree that they are possibly responsible for changing consumer behaviour to their benefit, Frank?
    They are part of the reason why the nation drive to the shops on the edge of town these days. Building a token amount of bikelanes just underlines their hypocrisy.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Hilarious, a Tesco home delivery van cut me up and knocked me off last December.

Depot manager wasn’t interested nor was anyone in there head office, they didn’t care at all. Luckily my British cycling membership sorted it all out for me.

Guess its there latest advertising campaign, jump on the cycling band wagon.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Tesco to announce initiative to build 600 km of urban cycle lanes’ is closed to new replies.