Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • terrible twos – late night extreme
  • enfht
    Free Member

Let ’em cry

Be strong, it’s not easy

Don’t give in, it does work ime

verses

We did controlled crying (although it’s only through reading this thread that I’ve learnt that it’s called that) and it worked for us.

She’s no longer in the terrible twos, but moving from the frustrating 4s to the f*&$ing annoying 5s… 😉 Roll on the teenage years 👿

matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for the other shoe to fall.

My daughter hated her moses basket and so only spent two nights in our room. Now at 6 months she sleeps from 7 to 7 and wakes up with a huge grin on her face.

Something has to give and the anticipation is killing me!

Matt

pedalhead
    Free Member

Now at 6 months she sleeps from 7 to 7 and wakes up with a huge grin on her face

started teething yet? 😉

GW
    Free Member

spoken with the true empathy of a fella who has left parenting to his spouse..

Ha ha.. you couldn’t be more wrong in your assumption, I don’t even have a spouse. You don’t need my empathy anyway, you simply need to learn the difference between “needs” and “wants” (like most MTBers 😉 )

yunki
    Free Member

you simply need to learn the difference between “needs” and “wants”

Ha ha.. you couldn’t be more wrong in your assumption..

I ‘need’ sleep..
    he ‘wants’ milk..
    I won’t let him have it ‘cos he doesn’t ‘need’ it.. (even though I ‘want’ to..)
    he gets in a mood ‘cos he ‘wants’ me to do his bidding..
    I ‘need’ some encouragement ‘cos I ‘want’ to throw him out the window..

rocketman
    Free Member

This thread supports my opinion that other people’s kids are a frickin’ nightmare 😈

GW
    Free Member

I ‘need’ sleep..

So go to sleep then

he ‘wants’ milk..
    I won’t let him have it ‘cos he doesn’t ‘need’ it..

fine, why are you fretting over it?

he gets in a mood ‘cos he ‘wants’ me to do his bidding

So? he’ll be perfectly happy again later on.

I ‘need’ some encouragement

“Go Yunki.. Go Yunki.. Go Yunki….”

Sorted!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

ours is 15 months and we had a huge battle with her few weeks back…

Let ’em cry

Be strong, it’s not easy

Don’t give in, it does work ime

in the end we were dead against the evil that is ‘controlled crying’… but in the end we just left her cry and cry… once it was 1 hr 18mins… but she eventually fell asleep.

now she goes through from 7pm till 6.30am if were lucky.

another good tip have you tried water not milk..?

we have never and never will (i can hope) bring her in the bed with us, mates have done it in the past and one of theres is now 6 and is still going mental trying to get in the bed with them…

it is hard, you have to work out whats best for you. as i said we were totally against letting her cry, but in the end we were both so knackered we just fell asleep… its all about routine and hitting it home (easier said than done!!)

i’ll probably have all the hippies on in a minute slagging me off for letting her cry but it hasnt effected her.

good luck your not alone!

PMSL…

started teething yet?

another world of hell!!

yunki
    Free Member

GW – Member

So go to sleep then

this is the first hurdle on the path to your understanding my problem.. you have failed on it..

you are supernanny’s under-achieving younger sibling and I claim my £5..

let’s watch this instead now..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6dxYka2tRk[/video]

RichPenny
    Free Member

you simply need to learn the difference between “helpful people” and “trolls”

FTFY

GW
    Free Member

Cheers Yunki – I love EVIL9 😀

think I’m older than Supernanny though (although I find it difficult to tell a fat girl that wears lots of make up and dresses like she’s important’s age)

Serious question? Why can’t you sleep? if it’s because he’s too close by move him or yourself and get your head down, If you know he’s alright, ignoring babies (at the right times) is not bad for them.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HEPUlW3yng[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

Serious question? Why can’t you sleep? if it’s because he’s too close by move him or yourself and get your head down

I’ll pop him in next door this evening… 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘terrible twos – late night extreme’ is closed to new replies.