Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Tenement Communal Areas – Leaving Shoes Outside Flat Door
  • Cougar

And if he gets mad and chases you, he’s barefoot so you have the advantage.

bearnecessities

Hoof him with the flats.

donald
    Free Member

Thank you dknwhy. Yes well done all, 64 posts to get an answer is pretty good going.

Unfortunately it’s hopelessly wrong. English property models do not apply to Scottish tenement flats.

kayak23

Sit outside the door in just your pants caressing his shoes.

stigofthedump1
    Free Member

Tie the laces together and sling over the nearest cable above the street, seems to be the way around some parts of Cheltenham.

BoardinBob

English property models do not apply to Scottish tenement flats.

😕

matt_outandabout

Hoof him with the flats.

Well done.

Invite them round for a meal? Build a relationship?

dknwhy

donald – Member
    Thank you dknwhy. Yes well done all, 64 posts to get an answer is pretty good going.
    Unfortunately it’s hopelessly wrong. English property models do not apply to Scottish tenement flats

Please explain? The regulatory reform order 2005 is for England and Wales but I was under the impression that Scotland have similar fire safety regulations regarding communal areas.

njee20
    Free Member

Invite them round for a meal? Build a relationship

And while he’s there chuck his shoes out of the window? Whilst he’s wearing them.

I like your style.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Put dog poo in a paper bag.
    Light paper bag.
    Ring his doorbell.
    Watch and wait.
    Do this a few times and he’ll soon learn that he needs his shoes inside his flat.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Don’t move next to me then, sometimes it’s the bin bag left outside the door. Seriously though, living in flats means a bit of compromise. If you can’t handle something minor like that, how do you cope with significant problems?

project
    Free Member

Fill shoes with water and place in freezer overnight.

Seriously having stayed in a tenament in glasgow, it seems to be a thing oop there, told to remove shoes and place in cardboard box outside front door.

and in our block of appartments, we all got a letter banning floor entrance mats as theyre now seen as a bigger danger to society than Jeremey Corby, due to the risk of people falling over them.

cbike
    Free Member

Shoes not even an issue.

Do you take your turn to clean the stairs?

Bicycles and big stuff like the effing washing machine abandoned for the last month outside my door by the landlord of flat next door are a problem. I have made it more of a problem for them now and highlighted his tardiness with sarcasm.

It will not help but makes me feel better.

Anyone Wanna help me move a washing machine?

zippykona

Invite this gentleman this to come and visit…or should that be visit and come?
    http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/well-worn-trainers-fetish-reebok-classics-stomp-trash-trample-sex

vickypea
    Free Member

This thread has really cheered me up! Thanks for the laughs.

On the scale of annoying-things-left-on-your-doorstep-in-a-communal-area, it’s below my experience several years ago, when I had to put up with drug dealers, a human poo, and a lit newspaper. Admittedly your neighbour sounds a bit dodgy.

MrNutt
    Free Member

write left / right on the wrong ones.

scaredypants

I bet all his pairs of shoes look like this..

Captain flash lives down south, not in a Scottish tenement

donald
    Free Member

@dknwhy

I’m assuming that the OP owns his flat.

There is no leasehold/freehold distinction is Scotland – essentially all property is freehold. Therefore there is no landlord or leaseholder. Scottish tenements do not typically have a managing agent.

andyl
    Free Member

Mix up a bit of egg and milk and pour a little bit in his shoes each night. It may back fire a bit as the hallway will soon stink but pretty sure he will have to do something about it.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Do your neighbours look like this?

If they do then should there ever be a fire the OP’s neighbour will be able to extinguish the flames with one of his big clown shoes (wasn’t that an episode of Seinfeld?)

mattyfez

We have a rag and bone man, ok that’s putting it romantically, it’s actually gypos.. Who are shall we say very enthusiastic about removing anything that’s not nailed down.

My fridge freezer broke down, no problem I thought, put it outside thinking it would be gone in 12 hours.. They saw it alright, and stripped all the metal compressor bits out, and left the carcass where it stood, so I still had to take it down the tip that evening.

Can’t even get good gypsies round my way.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I suggest you tread lightly on this one..

matt_outandabout

Get all aggressive – go for brogue….

jbproductions
    Free Member

Have you no sole? Your neighbour sounds like a heel but maybe he is on his uppers? Surely this won’t last and he will buckle and eventually toe the line?

twisty

OP, are the shoes actually creating an obstacle for you, or are you just being a fussy boots?

Xylene
    Free Member

Buy exactly the same shoes as he has, but two sizes too small, and replace them one night, and swap them back the next.

Repeat.

BoardinBob

Scottish tenements do not typically have a managing agent.

They do. Maybe the terminology is different up here but every tenement I’ve lived in or owned had a managing agent which is referred to as a “factor” up here.

onehundredthidiot

The poor neighbour obviously has issues that you don’t understand.
    Take his shoes, wear them saunter 1600m then you might know his angst.

perchypanther
    Free Member

They say that before you condemn a man you should walk a mile in his shoes.

Then you can say what you like with impunity……’coz you’ll be a mile away with his shoes.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

These shoes?.

perchypanther
    Free Member

THose aren’t shoes. They’re gutties.

tryfan
    Free Member

Write **** on the soles he will never see but everyone walking behind him will

mcj78
    Free Member

Spray water into each of them lightly every night using a plant sprayer thing – they won’t be wet but they’ll never dry out & it won’t take long until they look like this…

donald
    Free Member

Scottish tenements do not typically have a managing agent.

They do. Maybe the terminology is different up here but every tenement I’ve lived in or owned had a managing agent which is referred to as a “factor” up here.

I’ll concede that many do. But none of the ones I’ve lived in ever have 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

This thread is probably going to be the inspiration behind some comedian’s fringe set.
    Keep up the lulz, plz.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

mcj78 – that’s genius.

mcj78
    Free Member

why thank you – my earlier suggestion of setting them all on fire was a little inflammatory 😉

BoardinBob

Then you’ve been very lucky! Property factors are the scum of the earth

perchypanther
    Free Member
    hels
    Free Member

Depends on the location – Edinburgh tenements haven’t had a Factor for many many years. The council took over admin of shared repairs when owners couldn’t agree, and added a charge. Much corruption followed, so now I think nobody does it.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘Tenement Communal Areas – Leaving Shoes Outside Flat Door’ is closed to new replies.