Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ten days in Scotland. Take me back!
  • flimbo
    Free Member

Last month I got up to Scotland with some friends for ten days of mountain biking. Some places we’d been before and others were new to us but all of them were awesome.

We got super lucky with the weather considering what we’ve had recently, which always helps of course.

We ticked off Ballo Woods, Pitlochry, Glassie (Aberfeldy), Tarland, Glenlivet, The Mast at Inverness, Wangie at Dallas, Quarrel Woods at Elgin and then Heartbreak Ridge and Mastermind at Ballater. Can not wait to get back up to the mountains.

If anybody has any other suggestions of where to ride up there, based on what we’ve already done, it would be good to hear. (We’ve ridden most of the Tweed Valley and Dunkeld too)

You guys up there are so lucky!

If anybody is interested in a four minute highlight reel, here it is 🙂

hainman
    Free Member

Aboyne and Scolty are great

lots of places in Inverness

fort bill dh track and Top chief

aviemore and Laggan

flimbo
    Free Member

Ah yeh- done the World Cup DH at Fort Bill but the wind picked up and they closed the chairlift so we couldn’t get back up to do Top Chief which was a shame. Seen good things too about Aboyne (it was a toss up between there and Ballater for us) but will try to get there next time.

I used to think I was lucky getting there for a weekend but now even ten days isn’t long enough.

hairyscary

Drumtochty just off the A90 heading to Aberdeen.

Crask of Aigas over by Inverness.

flimbo
    Free Member

Thanks Hairyscary. We rode Drumtochty on a really wet day on a trip in 2021 and didn’t really rate it. On this years trip it was recommended to us and somebody said there’s been a lot of building work going on. Either we missed the good stuff last time or it’s improved since we were there but it’s interesting to hear it recommended again. Cheers bud.

bruneep

We rode Drumtochty on a really wet day on a trip in 2021 and didn’t really rate it.

depends on what you rode I suppose. Its my weekend playground, i seem to have plenty fun there That  said  FLS are currently in the forest clearing the windblow from storm Arwen and harvesting vast areas so not sure what will still be standing in a few months time

rOcKeTdOg

Love that video 👍

matt_outandabout

Shhhh, don’t tell everyone…

Torridon.
    Some big hill / Munro days are worth the effort and totally different.

Spin
    Free Member

Aboyne

I was well impressed with Aboyne when we went a couple of weeks back.

mrchrist

Ace video, looks like a rite trip.

weeksy

Yup, cracking video…. I’m very much looking forward to Scotland in a few weeks, although ours will be a bit more focused on one type of riding/location.

stanley

Great video… I’m so envious! 🙂

ta11pau1

I’ve tried to section Scotland up into smaller chunks, I’ve ridden tweed valley, Arran, Perthshire (aberfeldy, dunkeld etc), and Torridon/Skye.

Still heaps to do, and that’s without going back to some of the areas I’ve ridden. There’s almost too much riding up there!!

snotrag

I am impossibly jealous of the fact you even have the time, and people to ride with, on a 10 day riding trip, never mind make a very nice ‘shreddit’ of the whole thing!

highlandman
    Free Member

Hardly scratching the surface guys; try some mountain rides next time.

Just don’t tell everyone, ok, or they’ll all want to come up here and it might get so busy that you bump into someone else out on the trails…

Cracking vid

flimbo
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments on the video guys 🙂

Enjoy your upcoming trip @weeksy

Ok, so Aboyne is on the list for the next trip and potentially a revisit to Drumtochty. We’ve discussed heading to Torridon in the past but always got pulled elsewhere. I probably need to do some proper research to explore the area – I know so many people have good things to say about it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.