• This topic has 38 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by wzzzz.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Tell us about / show us your Stooge.
  • bonzodog
    Free Member

..Because its Monday morning.

rubymurry
    Free Member

Stooge

rubymurry
    Free Member

I can’t get the links to work

nuke
    tazzymtb

null

tazzymtb

null

tazzymtb

null

tazzymtb

null

tazzymtb

null

tazzymtb

null

tazzymtb

null

tazzymtb

In no particular order, the original titanium speedball (SS only with one off fork) and custom stooge Taz-bah (titanium 800mm bullmoose)

Ti Speedball monster klunker

drop bar speedball in dirty reiver set up and Dirt Bomb Klunker that the MK4 is a copy of

MK3 in death disco black 650b+ and 120mm forks

MK3 x2 standard and large

Couple of Ti Taz-bah

original 1 of 5 ss only MK1’s

tazzymtb

got a MK4 on the way for me to do some mad things to as well

vondally
    Free Member

fat ti stooge

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Mine if that works.

Mark 4. Yeah it’s as good as everyone says.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Thanks guys (esp tazzymtb)

So whats the ride like? They look like they weigh a tonne. Surely that’s gotta hurt the legs/lungs going uphill?

Whats the difference between the mk4 & the Speedball Biplane in terms of intended use and ride quality? I’m asking that cos Im kinda struggling with the look of the mk4. Perhaps the Speedball has touch more traditional front triangle about it.

RustyNissanPrairie

Im semi retired from biking as I was getting fed up with the gnarr of it all as I get older. Currently riding a Transition Klunker occasionally but I can see a Stooge in my life in the future.

sv

Had a Mk1 650+ and it was superb, did everything – nip out to the shops, pottering around, XC/Lane way stuff and it lived going down fast rocky stuff. Obviously not just as quick as a full sus but pretty close and it was quicker back up. Now have a Mk4 and it seems equally capable at the all round stuff, havent had much time on it but from the initial rides it does turn very well. I need to recalibrate how quickly I can corner on it. Thinking of going 29×3.0 on the front like Ed has on his one.

vondally
    Free Member

So I have had two , a MK1 as a half fat and the full fat ti alas no picture, love ya STw, both climb brilliant, forget weight forget geo charts forget well pretty much what you think about bikes as a stooge is a bizarre beasty – it just works.

Climbing wise I am not much slower than a full carbon xc bike I have, in fact guttingly so, descending well on a red trail centre run I am faster on the stooge than my previous full susse bike. On a rigid big long rocky trails do take the toll but slow tech rock sections brilliant asylum k is exactly where to place the bike.

It feels like a bmx crossed with a MTB, a real mongrel that has no respect for so called pedigrees

Big tyres work best not 2.1.

I like my stooge and would have a speedball but they are sold out.

Oh Andy the owner is great, Tazzy bikes are an inspiration of lunacy.

miketado
    Free Member

I’ve been stooge-curious for a while now and love the look of them, but not sure if the one-size would be too big for me – I’m around 5’7 and usually ride size small (current bike’s are a small long shot rocket and a Small Fargo).
    Any shorter folk have one? How’s the stand-over? Ta!

mrhoppy

Owned a MK1 now have a mk4. Only got it built the other day, it’s a bit different as I’m running the speedball forks for the shorter offset as I’m running b+ front and rear.

The MK1 was ace, I rode it on pretty much everything I rode my 29er enduro bikes on. 1st ride impressions of the MK4 are really good, it’s a bit better everywhere compared to the mk1 whilst retaining the same ride feel. I’m a happy camper.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I’ve been stooge-curious for a while now and love the look of them, but not sure if the one-size would be too big for me – I’m around 5’7 and usually ride size small (current bike’s are a small long shot rocket and a Small Fargo).
    Any shorter folk have one? How’s the stand-over? Ta!

Same…. but I’m 6ft and stooge curious.

Geo chart reads like a “medium” frame, I usually ride a large.

I think it will be small for me.

vondally
    Free Member

6ft ish here, use a slight laybavk post and a 70 or 60 mm stem

Daughter 5ft 7 and a Half uses a inline post and 35 or 40 mm stem.

mrhoppy

I’m 6″ riding an inline post and 60mm stem on the new one. I ride a 485mm reach FS but the riding position is different and it’s hard to compare the geometry.

mariner
    Free Member

This is my old ti before I built it up then stupidly sold it after a couple of years and been searching about for something as good or better ever since.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hyruqr]2015-12-08 002[/url] by michaelwex10, on Flickr

The new ti Stooge is on order for late November delivery.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

makes me regret selling my mk1 – to be honest it was best when it got bumpy and downhill and there wasn’t much of that terrain around here so i wasn’t getting the most from it.
    mk4 has got me curious again…

MrTricky
    Free Member

Mrhoppy – were the 55 forks Speedball ones on Andy’s advice?

mrhoppy

Yep, we discussed the plans and he suggested the speedball forks as with b+ the 80mm offset forks make the handling a touch “lively”. The shorter offset on the smaller wheels gives a similar feel.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Just got a MK2 Stooge, building it up geared B+ now.

Where do people have their BB set? Lowest / highest / forwards / backwards?

Somewhere in between – how do I decide?

sv

Looking from the drive side I have my BB at 9 o’clock but running 650b+, 29er had it at 7 o’clock position.

bonzodog
    Free Member

I bought one. ’tis a thing of beauty.

Stooge

Blimey, I don’t ever remember it being this difficult to post a picture on here in the past.

epicyclo

Here you are bonzodog. Fine looking bike.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Mk3 large in one-off glitter yellow 27.5+ ss
    Rider is 6’4

wzzzz
    Free Member

Looking from the drive side I have my BB at 9 o’clock but running 650b+, 29er had it at 7 o’clock position.

Thanks.

How did you settle on those? Trial and error? You effectively raise the BB and shorten the stays in your B+ config vs 29er

I assume the geo chart is based on the centre of the BB?

bonzodog
    Free Member

Here you are bonzodog. Fine looking bike.

Thanks for that epicyclo.

I’ve just put some Moto bars on to try instead of the Jones.

k1100t
    Free Member

Is it just me that thinks those forks are utter minging…?

bigblackshed

It’s just you.

honourablegeorge

k1100t

Not just you, the original Stooge looked a lot cleaner. But it’s a function over form thing.

wzzzz
    Free Member

As its Monday again and I’ve just built a Stooge MK2 up with what I could find in the shed:

null

Needs spoiling with mudguards before I ride it anywhere though.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Tell us about / show us your Stooge.’ is closed to new replies.