Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • tell me about…..Marmaris, Turkey
  • stumpy01

The walk down the promenade to Icmeler is quite nice. Takes about 45mins-1hr if I remember rightly.

Take a bottle of water!

sadexpunk

whats at fethiye?

ell_tell
    Free Member

Is kalkan an option? Went a few years ago & is pretty much loads of narrow cobbled streets and loads of great restaurants.

stumpyjon

Kalkan is excellent, been twice and likely to go back again next year. Everything the other resorts are not.

JCL
    Free Member

As you know Mamaris is a dive but as Stumpy01 says, Icmeler is quite nice. After an hour in Marmaris we left the hotel and found a little place in Icmeler.

sadexpunk

just google mapped kalkan and fethiye, they look too far for us at marmaris. good 3 or 4 hrs drive. we plan on coming back to turkey tho, hopefully around that area which also includes olu deniz which is sposed to be nice.

yep, resigned ourselves to the best we’ll get is a couple of decent trips out and a few bus trips to icmeler which is a bit smaller/quieter/nicer.

thanks for the advice

EDIT: FWIW we seem to be in one of the ‘better’ areas of marmaris, armutalan area is it? after seeing some of the hotels in some of the busy areas we’re thankful of that 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘tell me about…..Marmaris, Turkey’ is closed to new replies.