• This topic has 51 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • tell me about surly cross checks and anything else similar thats as veristile..
  • charliedontsurf

Crab fishing? Where did that come from.

Erred just recreational summer line fishing with the kids and one crab fishing contest during carnival week.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rik I have used the same tyre as FS if that helps.

ericemel
    Free Member

I cannot recommend a ss cx enough – by far my fav and most ridden bike I have owned.

mattsccm
    Free Member

A pic above. With the head band. Looks like one of the characters of Deadliest Catch.

cynic-al
    Free Member

“BORIS” – unusual bike brand name.

Rik
    Free Member

Cynic-al – I’m running 29er wheels on my 26 inch mtb with rigid forks. Tyres are currently road 700x35c with pently of room.

Would like to put on some off road tyres for green lane touring. Got some 32c cx tyres but looking for something a bit bigger but ones that will still fit in the frame.

Thinking the Bonty Jones 29×1.8 might do the job but clearance might be close on the frame (fork will be fine)

Question – what I size width do the 1.8s come up at really? But more importantly what is the depth of the tyre (from rim to the outer of the tyre tread?

Don’t want to blow £40 on tyres for them not to fit.

Cheers (Bell laps are great btw-perfect shape-just need new bar tape as they are so wide :0)

nedrapier

Rik, why don’t you buy one, try it on the back, if it fits, buy another, if it doesn’t, stick it on the front and buy something just a wee but smaller on the back?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Rik I have one I may part with, happy to measure it tonight…IIRC it’s around 1.7-8 but I didn’t measure the depth.

nedrapier

won’t the depth depend on the rim? might be worth mentioning with the depth.

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers Al – the width should fit in the frame it’s the depth I’m not sure about.

Ned – your right about rim width effecting the measurement but I’m using quite a wide rim (Bonty Race x lite) so hopefully any depth measurements should either be similar or slightly smaller on my rim (obvioulsy dependent on Al’s wheel).

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

All this bike talk is very interesting but I want to know, how long has Captain Jack Sparrow had a cross check for? 😉

Rik
    Free Member

Any luck Al?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘tell me about surly cross checks and anything else similar thats as veristile..’ is closed to new replies.