Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Telephone credit card terminals and loss of said telephone line.
  • zippykona

I have asked this before and I can’t find the thread so apologies.
    We have to run 2 separate telephone lines from different companies incase one of the lines develops a fault.
    It happens rarely and is generally the BT one that goes down.
    I’m sure someone told me about a box that the credit card machine plugged into and you put a mobile sim in the box and disaster is averted.
    I know we can get a wifi terminal but that costs £10 a month more. The paypal reader is a contender but thought I’d try and find out what that box was.
    Thanks.

geoffj

iZettle?

Sandwich

What terminal have you got? A lot of the modern ingenico ones have an ethernet port and you can run it through the broadband/wired network on it’s own tunnel. A plus is the transfers are much quicker and according to our PCI advisor the tunnel means you avoid the more onerous online self-assessment.

Flaperon

Ring bank.

“Hi. We’d like to cancel our arrangement for the credit card terminal as we don’t think we get a good deal (cite lack of WiFi, contactless, phone line issues etc)”.

The bank stands to lose more than you in this regard and will probably capitulate fairly quickly. And if you don’t have contactless, you should have.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Telephone credit card terminals and loss of said telephone line.’ is closed to new replies.