Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • team building
  • z1ppy

Our boss is looking for suggestions we all like, as an incentive for our up coming busy period (sept), the normal suggestion of “go carting” has come up, but not all of our team find an incentive, or attractive.

What other suggestions, bearing in mind limit budget (go carting might have been put forward but their no guarantee the company could afford it) and physical attributes of team members means a physical activities might not be welcomed (eg: the one lady on the team will not go “go carting” or ‘rock climbing’)

Currently a office cat (kitty mccatface)is a leading suggestion, except from one team member and our managers boss who are thoroughly allergic (open plan office) 😳

… any idea’s?

theotherjonv

How about a ‘learn how to do block paving’ weekend?

I’m thinking of running one on my driveway, at very reasonable rates.

nickjb
    Free Member

Hard to please everyone. Something simple like a meal and a few beers? First couple of rounds on the boss.

Northwind

Office hamster, if you can’t have a cat?

The physical thing is difficult tbh. We do laserquest here, not as “team building”, just for a laugh, but it amounts to the same thing ime… It’s a little physical but no more than walking around is, and slightly competitive but not so’s it’s no fun if you lose. Miniature golf?

Office howler monkey? They’re hypoallergenic

the-muffin-man

Swingers club?

grizedaleforest

I organised a day’s baking course once. Everyone could participate. There were bread, cakes and pies at the end. Great fun.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Town/City geocache’ ?

Small groups, time limit but no winner.

Gary_M
    Free Member

We did a half day cook school where we made a 3 course meal, it was a great lauch and everyone enjoyed it. Lots of wine involved too if you want.

orangespyderman

Go bowling and have some food/drink after. As a fat knacker I hate karting because I always lose.

Cougar

We do laserquest here, not as “team building”, just for a laugh, but it amounts to the same thing ime… It’s a little physical but no more than walking around is, and slightly competitive

I was about to suggest that. The unfit ones can take sniper positions and you get to shoot your boss, what’s not to like?

DrJ

I once did a “team building” event which was actually about how to build a team, different roles etc., rather than just a code word for a jolly. It was actually pretty good.

We did a half day cook school where we made a 3 course meal, it was a great lauch and everyone enjoyed it. Lots of wine involved too if you want.

That too – preceded by a cocktail school By the time it came to cooking everyone was totally bladdered.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Monkey Paintball?

A company trip to the local safari park each equipped with a paintball guns with colour coded teams.

To make it more challenging, hand out the paint ball guns to the monkeys as well.

jimbobo
    Free Member

we had a list your skills a qualifications and then put in a hat and try to guess who it is. Served to show me that i am the least qualified in my role. ace.

z1ppy

I’m like the cooking/baking suggestions.. and no I am not going bowling for any reason.

orangespyderman

Depending on where you are, I once did a team building/leadership course that included this.. lots of fun, memorable and very useful for actually building teamwork

footflaps

We had a drumming class team building thing a few years back. Was really good. It started as a whole company thing and then we broke into groups and each group learnt a drumming piece which was then played back to everyone else. Everyone enjoyed it.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9dBFC4]Drumming[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9dBJh2]Group whacking session[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9dBJCX]Finish in style[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/9dBLeZ]The Drum Cafe[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The unfit ones can take sniper positions and you get to shoot your boss, what’s not to like?

The lack of live rounds.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Office Olympics – the OH’s office are doing this – it includes but not limited to:

Cupcakes
    Songwriting
    Tennis
    Orienteering round Edinburgh
    Flag making

I did a treasure hunt in the city for team building night out; the teams had to follow the texted clues and send back pictures of them at the destinations to eventually lead them to the restaurant, with the winners getting prosecco if they arrived at the restaurant first. It was winter and snowing, some of the ladies turned up in inappropriate footwear/clothing. I was not necessarily that popular, but at least they were all united in their displeasure at the boss. So it “sort of” worked.

McHamish
    Free Member

Paintball.

Head shots only.

addy6402

How about a CSR-type day, doing something in the local community? Clearing vegetation in a park, creating wildlife habitat or working with an organisation helping the disadvantaged?

Alternatively, perhaps a puzzle room event (small teams of 5-6) where you solve clues to open the exit within an hour?

z1ppy

Paintball.. same as go carts, the minority will not enjoy/go… so it’s not a team building ‘prize’.
    CSR sounds very noble, and about as much fun as a punch to the bo**ox 😳

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Team building….. load of 90s corporate bollocks.

ourmaninthenorth

Since when did getting lashed and going to a lap dancing club stop being the norm for team building?*

Other than the above, I have also done
    Go karting (lots)
    Shooting (some – a sport I must get round to doing properly)
    Multi activity days (human table football, hovercraft driving, etc)
    CSR days including: renovating a flat for a lad who had recently left care, creating a reading garden for an inner city primary school, clearing a park of rubbish (incl a burnt out car)
    Baking bread

I’ve got to come up with the next team activity, so need to do something original.

*or is that just my boss’s idea of team building?

mrsfry
    Free Member

Massage and sauna

yossarian
    Free Member

Badger baiting

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘team building’ is closed to new replies.