Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • TdF Stage 7 – This Is Going To Hurt [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

That was awesome, didn’t see that coming at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Epic!

Froome stays as the “peloton has to chase me” man, allowing Wiggo some space.

Was it just me, or did Wiggo stay in the saddle all the way up that? Wonder why…. Seemed odd.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Ha ha!! Left Cadel & Wiggins standing 😯

cfinnimore
    Free Member

That was bloody brilliant.

Edit. BRILLIANT!

CaptJon
    Free Member

That is why those two are favourites.

Haze

Very rarely seen Wiggins out of the saddle tbh…

RealMan
    Free Member

Can Fabian make up around 1:30 in the TT on Wiggins? Surely not..

crazy-legs

Froome stays as the “peloton has to chase me” man, allowing Wiggo some space.

Well deserved reward for Froome as well given all the work he’ll do for Brad in the next 2 weeks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No time gap between Wiggo and Cuddles. Nice.

Re Cancellara on the TT, even if he could make up 1:30, he’s going to lose some more time tomorrow, IMO.

Well deserved reward for Froome as well given all the work he’ll do for Brad in the next 2 weeks.

Agreed. I still believe that Sky will use him as a tactical foil. With climbing like that, he’s a genuine GC threat. Other teams will just have to chase him down. Sky can coat-tail on to that chase and use it.

RealMan
    Free Member

Oh yeah, had forgotten we’ve got some more hills tomorrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tomorrow – This has breakaway written all over it!

Eddie B-H would be my tip…! 😉

aP
    Free Member

Sky still have the opportunity to throw it all away again, just like in the Vuelta last year – win in the bag, oh we seem to have buggered it all up and ended up with 2nd and 3rd overall. Idiots.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Fantastic stage!
    Watching sky rip the peleton to bits was superb.

messiah
    Free Member

Sweet.

rOcKeTdOg

great race this year, today the real Tour started, how strong was Froome, can’t wait for the next battle!

brakes
    Free Member

Wiggo in yellow – first time a Brit has been there for 12 years…
    the Tour starts here…

brakes
    Free Member

Cuddles was surprisingly honest in his interview.
    Interesting point about not having support on flat sections of climbs to recoup, would it be a different story on consistent climbs? – clutching at straws?
    He is such a cartoon though…

epicsteve
    Free Member

While wanting Wiggins to win I do like Evans. He’s a battler but I think his team getting dropped like that is a big worry for him.

rOcKeTdOg

” i promised my son i’d take the yellow jersey today”

😀

Klunk
    Free Member

Team Sky dishing out the pain. That hurt!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He is such a cartoon though…

Cuddles on his new invisi-tech BMC

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I feel as Evans should be disliked, as he’s the main opposition to wiggo, but after hearing that interview with him it’s hard to knock the fella

He come across as a bloody nice bloke, who knows he’s got his work cut out.

EDIT … Funny voice mind!

jonba
    Free Member

Awesome ride by Froome. To pace Wiggins up that climb then launch at the end. Shame he punctured as it might be the Vuelta all over again.

anagallis_arvensis

Evans is always good value, even when threatening to kill people!

mudshark
    Free Member

Was it just me, or did Wiggo stay in the saddle all the way up that? Wonder why…. Seemed odd.

He’s said in the past that his strategy on climbs is to go up at his own pace efficiently and never attack or respond to them. A TTers approach I suppose.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Its also a show of strength from Wiggo that he doesn’t stand up, he just maintains a tempo he’s comfortable with but fast hence destroying the field like he did today with his teammates.

Klunk
    Free Member

it was a great team attack, just love watching the peleton melt away under the strain, I think they were just trying to break Cancellara and get yellow, trying to take the sting out of his legs before he even got to the climb, they really chased down the break in the 5k before the climb proper. All the other casualties were a bonus.

mrhoppy

Well my prediction of not too many splits was very wrong but Rolland stepped up to the mark and Froome & Wiggo were looking ominous for the peloton, let’s just hope Sky can use them properly this time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Awesome stage and it is great to see the big boys finally lock horns
    Pretty sure wiggo was digging deep when Cadel attacked still lots to come.

Honours evens i would say but sky looked much much stronger than BMC which must be a worry this early on for cuddles though he is mentally one tough fella
    CFH did he not have a shoulder injury re the dont touch me?

Think Froome will win it one day tbh.

Oh tomorrow and the day after I reckon Brad just defends the jersey/sits in and awaits the TT. Would be nice if they tried two more days of this then took some time on the TT as well
    Still what ever happens he has worn the hallowed maillot jaune AWESOME

brakes
    Free Member

anyone see this? (WARNING: contains swears)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzHmhgjL2pc[/video]

samuri
    Free Member

Not seen it before but all it does is make me view him in higher regard. He’s absolutely correct and clearly just a normal human.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Seemed like the pro cyclists version of being cut up by an inattentive car and his reaction was as you would expect ….annoyed

RealMan
    Free Member

Should have done an Evans.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9St8xiaKzA[/video]

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Having seen the Evans video above and the others on page 2….

Is he’s just a little bit mental or what ??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CFH did he not have a shoulder injury re the dont touch me?

Yep, he did.

The dog one, though…..! 🙂

He is a bit mental, obviously, he’s a pro cyclist! Beyond that? No, just a normal man getting rightfully annoyed at prats in the press.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 7 – This Is Going To Hurt [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.