Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • TCR advanced sizing
  • andcarson
    Free Member

HI all

I am looking at a TCR advanced and was shopping for one today. I am totally happy with my stack/reach requirements from other bikes and was testing out a L (I am 6’2″) which is bang-on.

This felt great but the salespeople were insistent i need an XL based on observing me on the bike.

Just wondering what height ranges are using a L versus an XL amongst STW users?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Depends on your proportions and fit. If the L felt right then go with that. I’ve spent time on an XL TCR and at 6’3″ it was fine. I imagine I’d be happy on a L aswell, although the saddle to bar drop would be extreme cos I’ve got long legs.

If you’re long in the body and short in the leg, you’ll probably want an XL to give you some room to stretch out into.

Anmd likewise, if you’re long in the leg, you’d be better off with a L if you can hack a big saddle to bar drop. Or just look at a different bike.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have just bought a tcr disc and went for the m/l I’m 5″11 and have had it professionally fitted. I’m sure some of the giant stores (leamington spa) do a basic fit for around £25 which I think they will do before you buy.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I had a TCR and I’m 6″1 I have small legs and long body and I was on a M/L. Loved that bike! It fitted so well.

TiRed

As above. I’d say a M/L to L depending on proportions. I’ve put people an inch shorter than you on mediums. TCRS are great bikes and a smaller frame and longer stem will always be a better handling bike than a larger frame and shorter stem. If in doubt go smaller.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d be wary going for an M/L at 6’2″. Too short in the TT and the short headtube will mean you’ll end up with alot of saddle/bar drop.

mrblobby
    Free Member

6ft and an ML here. Quite a long stem (140) to get the right reach but I’d not want any more stack. Worth remembering that your stem choice is a bit limited with the overdrive steerer.

andcarson
    Free Member

Thanks all. Forgot about the overdrive steerer impacting on stem choice.

I’d certainly not want to go any smaller than L, but the XL seemed too reachy

Thanks for the input.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Giant and Pro both do a range of lengths but your limited in angles, so you can’t get a long droopy stem if the stack is too high, so stack is key to sizing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘TCR advanced sizing’ is closed to new replies.