Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Tall On One Fatty Riders …. Step this way …..
  • letmetalktomark

Before you all jump in and say just call On One I have 😉

I’m 6’2/3’’ and normally ride a 20’’/XL frame. This is usually down to needing the TT length that comes with the larger frames rather than the ST length. In fact I’ve just sold an XL Solaris and a 21” Scandal.

I, like many, have looked/are looking at jumping on the Fat Wagon – I think they look a hoot and its difficult to see passed the relatively low cost of the On One Fatty frame/forks etc.

The thing is that they seem really quite short in the (Eff) TT. The 20’’ is 15mm shorter than my Fortitude and thats run with a 90mm stem and 762 bars.

On One seem happy that I’m not to big for the frame – not that I thought I would be as I’m no giant 🙂

So ….. real world test …. any riders of a similar height ride a 20’’

I’m tempted by a test ride but before I make the longish round trip to Sheffield(?) I was keen to gleam some thoughts.

Cheers,

M

letmetalktomark

Bump for the evening crowd ……

cynic-al
    Free Member

Buy a 105mm stem?

Not being funny but do you have many other options? IME you don’t ride your fat bike in the same way or for the same length of time, and a more upright position makes sense for other reasons too.

johnnystorm

I’m 5′ 11″ and have just got a medium Fatty. I’m going to try a 410 post as I reckon I’m right on the limit.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

6ft 1″

Med Fatty, 300mm post and 90mm stem, 175mm crank arms..perfect for me

Mantastic
    Free Member

Buy a 22inch full build pugsley-fits me a treat at 6ft2. May have one in the shed going

batman11
    Free Member

Ho buddy 6.3 and riding a 20in fatty dropper post and 80mm stem fits me fine and riding it is a hoot 😀

letmetalktomark

@carl …. Do you have a pic of yours?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Tall On One Fatty Riders …. Step this way …..’ is closed to new replies.