Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Talk to me about folding bikes
  • rootes1

I wonder if Cavendish would still have won todays stage on a drop-barred Brompton? What a great "Made in GB" advert that would be.

well my spindly legs managed this

so think cav would have had a bit more of an issue 😆

Roberta Heras (3 times tour of spain winner) takes part in the BWC

as a serious point, brompton sent me new cranks even though the parts warranty finished 3 year before..

withersea
    Free Member

Hard to find anymore as they (Dahon made them for them)stopped but Trek did a great series of folding bikes. I've got an F600 9 speed folder which is fab – found it on ebay. There are lower speak 200 and 400 models as well.

J E James has a great range of folding bikes at great prices as well…

AndrewDrummond
    Free Member

Giant Halfway?

Someone I see on the train got one super cheap through a C2W scheme.

You can imagine that you are on a Cannondale (Crack'n'Fail) with that single legged fork…

Stripe
    Free Member

Dahon MuUno.

Quality bike. Singlespeed, coaster rear brake, chain guard, folding pedals, integrated seatpost track pump + no rack, no mudguards, no cables, in fact none of the annoying pffaf that gets in the way!!

Weighs 9.9Kg.

Folds in 10 SECONDS – YES 10 SECONDS!!!!

woffle
    Free Member

I wonder if Cavendish would still have won todays stage on a drop-barred Brompton? What a great "Made in GB" advert that would be.

The Airnimal chameleon is more suitable to racing :

Apparently people have done the Etape / Paris-Brest etc on them and the website says that one was ridden to a medal in the World Triathlon championship.

I had considered one rather than the joey but I'm not 100% convinced about it's suitability for daily high mileage across the frankly shocking Sussex country roads. That said, should I ever have the cash spare I still plan on finding one 2nd hand as a summer commuter.

Karinofnine

I'm selling my Airnimal Chameleon if you're interested. Email in profile.

fergusd
    Free Member

Consider a Birdy, I train/bike commuted on an original birdy red for a good while, great wee bike, also folds in 10 seconds . . . My bike was pretty reliable, the only thing I changed in a couple of years use was the twistgrip shifter which I hated, put a thumbshifter on it instead . . . rear mech also got replaced . . . At the time there were limited tyres available but I believe that is much less of an issue now . . .

trail_rat
    Free Member

who said hub gears are not a good idea for a commuter – awa and bile yer heed and stop talking shite eh !

hub gears were BUILT for the commuter – the only other solution that comes close is NAE gears !

lossy but i guess you enjoy cleaning your bike all the time after 10 hour days

nickf
    Free Member

So I ended up with a Mu SL – light, quick, an easy folder, and as it was a 2009 model, significantly discounted.

It doesn't feel like a real bike, but it doesn't feel bad at all. And it only weighs 8kg once I swapped out the standard pedals and put some Eggbeaters on.

rootes1

good to get a discount – welcome to multimodal commuting!

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about folding bikes’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM