Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • talk to me about dehumidifiers
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Think i need one as i have what i think is a condensation problem.
    What prices and where from etc.

Harry_the_Spider
    jonnyrockymountain

Ebac on line model 2650 I think about £210 really good thing it comes with 5 yr warranty

metalheart
    Free Member

The answer to a condensation problem is proper ventilation…

Dehum is treating the symptom rather than the disease (IMHO).

Harry_the_Spider

[nods head]Good point, well made.[/nods head]

angeldust
    Free Member

Cheap ones (<£100) don’t tend to last much longer than a year in my experience. Got fed up of replacing them, so last time we spent a bit more money and got a better quality machine and a 5 year warranty. Ours sits in a conservatory so gets worked a lot in winter.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Got a really peculiar problem. Basically, we have a fair bit of moisture in the fireplace but i cant figure out if its water ingress or condensation. The rear wall is a solid wall with no cavity, it gets very cold in winter. Water is just ‘appearing’ in the alcove but doesn’t appear to be coming from above.

brakes
    Free Member

we have the same one as HarryTS
    it’s a desiccant one which is better for some reason – something to do with noise and working temperatures I think
    it’s very good and it’s effects are very noticeable – drier air and it really does warm the room
    we use it mainly for drying clothes indoors which it does superbly

maccruiskeen

Got a really peculiar problem. Basically, we have a fair bit of moisture in the fireplace but i cant figure out if its water ingress or condensation. The rear wall is a solid wall with no cavity, it gets very cold in winter. Water is just ‘appearing’ in the alcove but doesn’t appear to be coming from above.

Sounds like you need an exorcist rather than a dehumadidifier.

They’re* the sort of thing that turns up cheap in charity shops and the free ads so check there first before you spend on a new one. I’ve got a couple for keeping a storage container dry, one cost a fiver and the other was free.

*Dehumidifiers that is, not exorcists.

wwaswas

2nd the desicant ones over the fridge type.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘talk to me about dehumidifiers’ is closed to new replies.