• This topic has 17 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • talk to me about Chumba XCL
  • stew1982
    Free Member

Look to be pretty nice – but are they a little heavy, and how well do they climb?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Support might be a bit dubious, Chumba appears to be having some issues. Check out the Chumba MTBR forum. Kind of reminds me of Ellsworth a few years ago…

stew1982
    Free Member

Sounds erm……promising

si-wilson
    Free Member

The XCL is out of stock and has been kinda replaced by the EVO G2. If you can get one second hand they are a great frame, really under rated, very stiff and strong, uncomplicated and not too heavy.

Chunky, I’m sure you are aware, but I deal with Chumba in the UK and like to think I look after all my customers to the best of my ability.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I don’t doubt it Si, so chill out. My concern is with the owner of the company and the shocking lack of CS and the disgusting treatment of even existing customers. Just saying, not hatin’

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Chunky your comment is hardly “just saying” mate, there have been quite a lot of Chumba threads lately and every time someone has to pipe up about the problems their american users have with cs etc. Having owned one and spoken to a few folk who have as well as reading the only good reports from folk on here and other UK forums I think this whole Chumba bashing thing is a load of irrelevant crap perpetuated by folk that haven’t even owned one or dealt with the company themselves. I also think its s**t that it falls back on Si who is an honest guy trying to make a living as their sole UK dealer.
    No UK riders will have to deal with Chumba’s owner or their customer service so with respect I don’t get your point.
    Seems to me its not Si that needs to chill out. Just saying.

stew1982
    Free Member

I must say, I’ve not heard anything but good reports on Si and his CS, so in all honesty thats not a major concern.

– i think i’ve found a nice XCL second hand, so just need some input from someone who owns one, on how they ride – the bike radar reports say it bobs a fair bit on the climbs, which will really annoy me……….

forge197
    Free Member

I ran one for 18 months Initially with an rp23 then a ccdb, I don’t recall it being particular bobby with either shock, and it climbed pretty well.. Performance wise stiff rear end, tracked nicely predictable handling. I enjoyed it, but was time for change and fancied something else 🙂

What communication I had with chumba USA was always dealt with quickly, and it goes without saying that Si”s customer service is up there with the best of them, always willing to go the extra mile for his customers and cuts a fair deal.

tony24
    Free Member

I am a new owner to a chumba VF2 while si is good on the customer service side, Chumba CS suck i have written 2 x emails to them filled in there online form and have posted on the forum under the customer service section afew weeks ago and still no reply.

tbh at times i have just wanted to get rid of the bike purely because of the lack of CS why you ask?

What happens when i need bushes, spares etc ? I am buggered…

Owned the frame for getting on for 4 months or so and still have not a single decal for the frame !

feel gutted sometimes but thats life.

Bregante

I’ll put the kettle on….

Brake-neck
    Free Member

And I’ll apologise to chunky as it would appear there is a pissed off Chumba owner in the UK.

jedi

i have never seen one in the flesh 🙁

si-wilson
    Free Member

Hi Tony, I have asked Chumba to update me on the decals as I know you have waited a long while.

TomB

Happy with my VF2, happy with Si, any customer service bits easily and quickly sorted by him. Not sure how the XCL compares, though, sorry.

tony24
    Free Member

cheers si were see what happens shame they dont seem more interested in there UK customers.

tony24
    Free Member

Well just to let everyone know its been 2 months. Had 1 reply from chumba saying they would send me the decals and parts that simon said he would get me but i need to fill in the online payment form for them to send then.

I sent an email explaining this shoul be a warranty matter and they should send them purely to show good customer service commitment but alas i got no reply that was well over a month ago.

Simon has gone all quiet not contacted me since he said he will try and sort it out for me. Now i am worried because when the bushes wear etc what can i do ?

I would love to recommend chumba to everyone because the bike rides great but i cant because the customer service and lack of interest to help and that fact that i might struggle to get parts make’s me feel gutted .

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Si got busted on mtbr forum for using a sock puppet account. Chumba seems to have imploded too. Customer service has been bad for a few years and now it doesn’t exist at all.

hora
    Free Member

Nice spray paint (not sure if its changed) but on the one I had the paint chipped (like old school paint). Slightly agricultural in design/welding- not a bad thing but I found it abit odd/boring to ride.

Whereas things like Lapierre or Spesh feels ‘good’/neutral from the off.

Again not a good or bad thing- just an observation.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘talk to me about Chumba XCL’ is closed to new replies.