Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Syfydrin or Summit trail + Climachx?
  • singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Heading up to Wales this weekend and trying to decide what the best option is for one of the days we’re there.

The original plan was to do the Syfydrin trail at Nant Y Arian but I’m wondering whether we’d get a better day out doing the shorter Summit Trail and then heading up to Machynlleth and doing the Climachx or Mach trails. While the Syfydrin trail looks good some of the reviews say that it’s pretty dull after the Summit Trail.

Ideally I’d like to maximise the amount of time on singletrack and heading downhill.

Any advice on what would be best?

Stoner
    Free Member

do the summit with some sections of the red thrown in to extend it.
    Then climacx.

Both great trails, and even doable on SS.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

I think as an actual trail the Climachx is a little dull, just with a fantastic final descent. However, if you can find anyone who knows where they are going then the Dyfi is 100% awesome. Check out Dyfi Mountain Biking on facebroke for a willing guide maybe?

The Syfydrin is a good loop. I like the non-trail center, middle of nowhere bits of it. And again, if you can find anyone who knows where they are going you can add bits to make it amazing.

I would volunteer for both but I’m riding the Long Mynd this weekend.

soobalias
    Free Member

if you can navigate, look at Nant to Mach.

HindlePie
    Free Member

STS – I recently spent a full day exploring some Dyfi trails. I’ve a cracking 29 miler on .gpx if you’re interested. It has a lot of the Enduro descents including the World Cup one and finishes on the Climach-x descent. E-mail me if you need any more info.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

if you can navigate, look at Nant to Mach.

That is a fantastic ride 🙂

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Thanks for all the responses so far.

Not sure that I’d be confident with the nav, haven’t done much myself and our friend who’s comfortable with a map and compass can’t make it.

Hindle Pie – Thanks for the offer, I’ll drop you an email for the gpx once i’ve checked with guys if they’re up for it.

chvck
    Free Member

Nant to mach is fantastic, mach to nant less so 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Syfydrin or Summit trail + Climachx?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM