Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Swinley lap under an hour?
  • njee20
    Free Member

That’s a fair lead over second Si, top ride!

ernie

Thanks nick. Its quite interesting riding the full loop hard, certainly a different flow to the trails. Quite hard work as well!

DT78
    Free Member

Yep that’s me there in second, though that wasn’t an attempt at a flat out lap. Some segments would have been our hard when racing my buddy but there would have also been a few waiting around bits and fire road chats….I reckon under an hour is doable

gratis2010
    Free Member

Strava is just depressing, I mainly just ride babymaker, deerstalker and axle, then looking at Strava and seeing some of the blistering times set by people makes me feel inadequate. I compare it to the feeling you get when you stand at a urinal and then a large black man (or could be white, I’m not racist) stands next to you and you catch a glimpse by accidentally on purpose.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

then looking at Strava and seeing some of the blistering times set by people makes me feel inadequate.

Imagine what the leaderboard looks like when the really fast guys hit town…

lustyd
    Free Member

That’s not the official loop in that new seg, probably the reason so few have done it. I’m wondering if there is a segment for the actual current route. Certainly at 1 1/2 miles shorter it’ll be easier to hit an hour. The lack of mud will help too I’d have thought.
    I’m sure I’ll think of other excuses shortly but that’s all I have for now 🙂 to be fair I’ve not done the loop since as I’ve been detouring down the ‘black’ run

hughjayteens
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Uy2798]Strava Swinley May 17[/url] by CJK007, on Flickr

Had a go this morning – was fairly busy so reckon I was held up by a minute or two at least although that obviously did give me a breather! Happy with 4th and reckon 2nd is in reach, but no way on earth am I getting down to an hour or even anywhere near Paul Turner whoever he is on here. According to Strava the overall KOM for this loop is 56.47 which is just mind boggling!

magnetodog
    Free Member

If you manage to beat 1:12 you ‘may’ be invited join “Team Magnetodog”

The sponsorship package is extensive and includes the following:

You’re allowed to add the Team name to your Strava name.
    You’re allowed to say you ride for a team (this allows you to shout “Elite Rider Coming Past!” will help with traffic on the course.
    You’re allowed to post dog treats to Team HQ

Good luck!

Magnetodog
    Team Director

PS the team member that set the 1:12 has a BMI of over 30 (I’m a Labrador and even I reckon he eats far too much) and he’s currently on the STW chub club fat camp so beating 1:12 should not only be possible it should be mandatory!

adsh
    Free Member

Most of the red is now shut. Managed 2nd forumite on the two long segments of blue and red.
    Pushing hard up the hill before Labyrinth wrecks my performance in the segment thereafter.

lustyd
    Free Member

@adsh well done on the long segs, 2nd is very good going among this lot!
    Re the climb though, that’s sort of the point of this thread. Getting KOM on a segment is nice but it’s the racing equivalent of being first to the first corner – no prize! Doing the whole course including hard pushes up hills puts us all on a more level playing field precisely because there’s no rest before each segment.
    I think this adds to the fun and tactics come into play. Is it better to go hard on the fireroads and recover on the trail bits where you’d be slower anyway, or vice versa? push on the uphills and let gravity recover the legs later, or relax on the hills so you’re fresh for the lab and others like it.
    I started this partly to rebel against that instant gratification of thousands of segments. Every ride I get a PB on something so it’s easy to fool myself that I’m always awesome. With long course segments that doesn’t happen and some days I suck 😆

narrowbars
    Free Member

Had a go this morning – was fairly busy so reckon I was held up by a minute or two at least although that obviously did give me a breather! Happy with 4th and reckon 2nd is in reach, but no way on earth am I getting down to an hour or even anywhere near Paul Turner whoever he is on here. According to Strava the overall KOM for this loop is 56.47 which is just mind boggling!

That’s me 🙂

adsh
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TE1uoR]Swinley red[/url] [url=https://flic.kr/p/UPZerd]trouble-brewing[/url]

RBBH or Frimley A&E?

brennanpeyton
    Free Member

As the Dad of Luke (should be revising) Peyton his current KOM is 56:38

There is another one 56:47

Or

He rides for FourFourths and as his bike finance manager all sponsorship opportunities are welcome.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

brennanpeyton – Member
    As the Dad of Luke (should be revising) Peyton his current KOM is 56:38

There is another one 56:47

Or

He rides for FourFourths and as his bike finance manager all sponsorship opportunities are welcome.

Mind boggling!

lustyd
    Free Member

He might be cheating, if anyone could keep up we’d know if he’s cutting corners 😆

Andy

I wish he was cheating. Sadly “The Whippet” is that fast (unlike his dad 😉 ) 😀

lustyd
    Free Member

Well if he’s revising he’s old enough to have beer so he’ll be in the pack with the rest of us soon enough 😆 I am truly jealous, I don’t even think I could train and make up that much time!

brennanpeyton
    Free Member

His Dad was never more than a mid pack Sport rider, he is much quicker than me (and has been for a while) still I pay for the food / lodging which is as close to reflected glory as I will get. I am not that slow (for an old git)

Tiger6791

Well as long as he doesn’t win the STW Forumites group it don’t matter! 😀

deadkenny
    Free Member

adsh – Member 
    RBBH or Frimley A&E?

I recommend Frimley. Thoroughly good service, especially if you arrive half conscious in an ambulance. ICU do a good job and trauma ward likewise (except the food, but that’s NHS food for you).

😀

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Swinley lap under an hour?’ is closed to new replies.