Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Swinley forest ride group?
  • preddall
    Free Member

Anyone interested (Or already running) an informal ride out from the lookout on a regular or add hoc basis?

I've recently moved back to Reading after living in Manchester for 4 years and I'm looking for an opportunity to get out (at the weekends or after work) and re-discover the singletrack at Swinley..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

10am under the go-ape bridge on Sundays was usaly a few of us, not been for a few weeks though.

There's a group on bikeradar apparently, another on facebook, BOB have a ride as well.

I'm always up for a ride (unless its raining) and live in Wokingham so a nice 20min spin on the road to warm-up and I'm there 😀

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

I will probably be up there this Sunday handing out Big Bike Bash flyers.

Actually, if you come to the BBB you will meet lots of people from the south.

martinh
    Free Member

a nice 20min spin on the road

I can only assume you're going the wrong way. You only need to do one short road section to get from Wokingham to Swinley.

anjs
    Free Member

oh yes, which route are you taking then to avoid the road? Would guess you will need to do quite a bit on easthampsted road.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Down the road from "the teak house" restaurant, accross the level crossing, carry on, right at the end, then left at the roundabout onto 9-mile ride. About 3 miles, but feels a lot longer after a few hours of singletrack!

I actualy live near the town end of molly millars lane which means riding the wrong way through town to get there though.

toab
    Free Member

I prefer getting looks from other passengers when I get on the train at Martins Heron

anjs
    Free Member

yes that the way I go with the choice of either riding up to the Look Out or coming in via the Devil's Highway in Crowthorne

martinh
    Free Member

If you're near Molly Millar's you're near me. This is the route I take

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ahh, I just take the road through holme green. CBA wasting energy on bridleways when theres singletrack/jump gulley to have fun on!

preddall
    Free Member

BBB – Afraid I cant Go… already got plans (They're not ba s fun)

Thisisnotaspoon – Thanks! I'll check out the groups… and swing buy the go-ape bridge one sunday.

If I plan a ride in advance I'll drop you an email and you can come along if it suits…

Cheers all

Phil

PaulD
    Free Member

Preddall,

Riding Swinley this Sunday at 1400hrs from The Look Out carpark with 2 others for approx 2.5 hours. We know the place like the back of our hands after riding here for 9 years.

You are welcome to join us.

Normally ride on a Saturday starting 0800hrs with a varying group size/ability, but often quite fast.

RSVP,

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

atlaz
    Free Member

I'm out there relatively early on Sunday to get a sneaky ride in (we have house guests).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Swinley forest ride group?’ is closed to new replies.