Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Swing arm tyre clearance issues
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Specifically on my fuel ex. Fitted some bonty xr4's in 2.2 flavour. They come up massive and just clear the bridge. When cleaning today noticed they've started to wear a groove on the inside of the chainstay. Seems to be down to wheelflwx when cornering. Bit crap really. I'll keep an eye on it, but not being able to run 2.2 is lame, large volume tyres are great round the peaks.

What's the clearance like on your full susp. Bikes? Guessing anything yank is going to be rubbish?

sailor74
    Free Member

mine is massive but then i ride Orange bikes, my mud clearance is huge too.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Yeah I know orange are good, just a bit fugly!

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got the same issue, my Nicolai Helius is meant to take 2.3" tyres, 2.4" conti's will fit but on ZTR335 rims the biggest I can get in is a 2.1" Schwalbe Nobby Nic or Racking Ralph

M6TTF
    Free Member

Given that I need a wheelset, would a wide rim like a flow improve or further hinder the issue?

The-Duke

I've got the same issue with my fuel ex, just fitted a maxxis aspen 2.25 and it also rubs on the right hand chainstay when cornering. Rims are xm719's so already fairly wide and not sure a wider rim would make much difference. Might have to think about a 2.1 aspen for the back

steve_b77
    Free Member

Wider rims make the tyre have a squarer profile so a smaller overall cross section.

If the flows are wider than the stock rims you might stand a chance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Swing arm tyre clearance issues’ is closed to new replies.