Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Suzuki Jimny
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Daihatsu Terios? The Top Gear Foxhunt was brilliant.

dragon
    Free Member

As others have said it is a good little thing for driving around in on dirt tracks on holiday in somewhere like Greece or Spain. For roads in the UK no thanks.

However, I can imagine Hora in one of these:

hora
    Free Member

The Nissan Cube is awesome. Here in the UK males are obsessed with acronyms stating power on our shopping trolley’s.

I’m thinking buy an oldish Jimny and use it for fun as a second car.

mick_r

Unfortunately that 6 wheeler is photoshopped 🙁

Think he is running Toyota axles with the massive tyres, and last time I looked at his blog a V6 (Vitara?) engine was going in……

seadog101

I want my SJ 413 back. Last seen July 2000 when I sold it to a bloke in Oman, who is probably now transporting goats across the Wahiba sands to the market in Nizwa.

Gary_C

Suzuki Jimny? Hang on, wasn’t it a Citroen Berlingo/Peugeot Partner a couple of weeks ago, and over on pistonheads it was a Porsche 928 that you were ‘considering’ ?

😀

mick_r

Hmmm, wonder where I’ll be able to buy a Jimny in a few months for my project?……. 🙂

obelix
    Free Member

I’m thinking buy an oldish Jimny and use it for fun as a second car.

If it’s fun you want, a Jimny will deliver that in heaps. Careful, once the bug bites you wont stop scratching that itch. Definitely not a daily driver, but if you want to head off road for some green-laning, it’s a pretty decent past-time.

And its off-road capabilities are impressive, go to any pay-and-play days and the Jimnys regularly embarrass the owners of modified Defenders. Obviously after a few modifications of the Jimny too, but that’s half the fun.

More info, and some decent deals on used vehicles on the http://www.bigjimny.com site, loads of enthhusiasts and tips.

Here’s one from a guy in France who did a fair bit of work on his. Lots like it in UK too, expect to pay around £3k for something of this capability…

hora
    Free Member

A year or so ago there were new Jimny deals for <10k where are they now

hora
    Free Member

Bought one 🙂

I had three test rides to be sure but it has a raw, stripped-down and basic charm. My nightmare car would be a Golf or Avensis. Too dull to quantify. .

The slow comment- they feel nippy. Learn to match a gearbox to the engine instead of the lazy reliance on turbo diesels IMO 😀

The ‘jiggle’- try wheel spaces. It smooths it out and tyre pressure- I’ve found 28/29psi is spot on.

The one that I got came with a towbar fitted so I bought a Witter.

What surprises me is blokes and girls saying (admitting?) that they like Jimny’s.

I thought all Brits liked warm shopping hatches 😆

Tbh though if I did motorways 20k a year I’d chose differently 🙂

CountZero

Forgotten about this thread. Absolutely the worst car I’ve ever driven was a Yugo. It was a company car, too! Seriously cheapskate boss thought the two we had were perfectly fine.
    Bloody terrifying, a Jimny can’t possibly be as bad; the Yugo had vague steering, vague brakes, a vague gearbox, and no go. The steering was like those old movies where they use back projection with a stationary car, and the driver moves the wheel from side to side, to look like they’re driving; in a Yugo, that’s how you drive it, because the steering has so much slack in it you have to keep correcting to keep going straight.
    Couple that to brakes where you couldn’t feel if they were working or not, and had to almost use both feet on the pedal, and a gearbox which made it almost impossible to work out where each gear actually was, it’s a wonder the bloody things didn’t kill someone.
    Dreadful, dreadful things.
    Pretty sure a Jimny would be like driving my Octavia by comparison.

DrJ

I was thinking about a little Suzuki 4×4 as well, to use in Greece, for bad roads, tracks, and winter in the (small) mountains. Would need to be cheap to buy and cheap to maintain. Is there a better option? Panda 4×4 maybe?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of mates who live in the mountains, one just outside Lugano and the other down the valley in Innsbruck. Both have Panda 4×4’s. Very popular over there if you live in the hills, seem to be the goto vehicle.

As is, glad this thread popped up again too.. I laughed when I read hora’s requirements, then glad to hear he’s got one.

We have a Ford Ranger (12plate) on the farm and it’s solid but far too big, BIL has a 90′ too but wants a Jimmny thing because he said it’s like a Quad with a bit of space in the back and a heater…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Suzuki Jimny’ is closed to new replies.