Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suspension seatposts?
  • Kahurangi

Any actually use a suspension seat post?

I'm thinking of getting one for longer rides, to help a little bit with lower back pain.

Are the USE ones any cop? Are they all MCU/foam or are the better ones a spring with or without damping?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thudbuster works and works well – the parallelogram action reduces stiction and bob compared to a telescopic one.

MrTall
    Free Member

2nd the Thudbuster, very happy with mine. Works very well if you can live with the look of it.

gcaster
    Free Member

I have a horrendously bad back and used to get lower back pain on long rides (mainly on my roadie though). I've found getting my core muscles up to scratch has improved this to no end. Few exercises a couple of nights a week and you'll be laughing (competetive rowing helps too 😉 )

snowpaul
    Free Member

I heartily recomend a thudbuster… awesome if a wee bit fugly… simple and efective

paul

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

plus 1 for thudbuster
    plus about 500 more if you check the MTBR reviews site. That many MTBR reviewers can't be wrong can they? No wait they are mostly Americans.

I've got lower back probs too. Ruptured a couple of discs about 2.5 years ago and the advise from this forum was pilates. I took the advise and as gcaster says getting the core muscles strengthened helps. I don't use the thudbuster all the time but I think it was money very well spent.

Kahurangi

Cheers for the replies folks.

The core stability exercised I've been doing do help. I'm just thinking of the 10 hrs of Kielder 100, which are going to push me right to my limit!

Rowing? Not any more!

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

USE Shokpost, I have used these on (almost)every ride for about the last three years, you only realise how good these things are when you dont't use one.

On tracks like bridleways which are rapid impact bumps the suspension seat post allows you to sit down and peddle without constant jarring.
    Same on rocky trails.

As I am unlikely to ever ride full suspension a suspension seat post is brilliant, not cheap but worth every penny.

Stiggy

Slight hijack, JonT I've emailed you re the Syncros stem you have for sale..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suspension seatposts?’ is closed to new replies.