Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Survey back on house ([cough]bungalow[/cough]) we want to buy..not great..!!
  • DrP

Quick update..
    The vendors (probity sale) were getting a bit miffed at reducing the price – we did explain (as did the estate agent) that these issues won’t go away for a new buyer, and were not noted/expected originally.

As such, they agreed a 12.5k price drop – that suits us, though means we’ll have to put more of ‘our money’ into the sale, because the mortgage co will only lend 80% of the ‘reveised cost’!

Happy though…I’ll keep you posted as to whether it turns into a money pit or not….

DrP

IA

.I’ll keep you posted as to whether it turns into a money pit or no

Having recently bought a house “in need of some work” (understatement) I think you can safely assume it will turn into a money pit, the question is how deep does the pit go…

martinhutch

money pit

Love that film.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOM6rvU9xN4[/video]

globalti
    Free Member

Wait until your electrician sees the installation… there can’t be many houses that comply with current regs so there’s a whole seam of work there waiting for the electrical trade to mine.

We are having a new kitchen fitted at the moment and the sparks, who I trust 100% as he’s done loads of work for us (and is just buying his first road bike), has mentioned that our board needs updating to comply with regs on RCDs. No urgency but with an eye on selling the house in the future we will get him back next year to sort it.

TimP
    Free Member

Good news DrP!!

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s an ‘estate sale’ i.e the seller’s don’t/didn’t know the building at all – it was lived in by an old relative who no longer lives anywhere….

He didn’t kark it of asbestosis or a falling brick, did he?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

has mentioned that our board needs updating to comply with regs on RCDs

Has he mentioned that board can’t be replaced without rewiring yet?!

nemesis
    Free Member

Most important point. Does it have a decent workshop for your bikes?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Survey back on house ([cough]bungalow[/cough]) we want to buy..not great..!!’ is closed to new replies.