Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • superstar nano offer
  • grim168
    Free Member

Decided to try flats. Just ordered some superstar nano thru pins. £10 off at mo. They get decent reviews so at £33 its worth a punt. Just thought I'd highlight the offer to the stw massive. Now for some shoes.

Graham

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

After the BB that lasted 8 rides (it failed the week after I posted on here saying how it seemed to actualy be working, then bought another one only for the original to fail) and the brake pads that simply don't fit in the springs ("I've sold 10,000+ shiamno brake pads, you must have installed them incorectly") I'm inclined to buy them form any other importer other than Fruit/Neil because thanks to his business model there's plenty out there.

nickegg
    Free Member

These are great pedals….bought a pair, on offer, for a new bike last year and now have them on both bikes.

Bearings seem to have lasted well through the winter with no problems too.

Vortexracing

my nano flats have been great.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone else find that the plastic bits are really soft in his components as well? The spacers on the BB's deform as you tighten the cups up, and the top hat spacers arent as easy to pop on and off as shimano after they've been used as they've deformed.

They could be the best pedals on the plannet, but for as long as they're available elswhere at similar prices, fruit wont be getting a penny more of my cash.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

*Waits for the Octupus….* 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

despite neil/friut's reputation my nanos have lasted over 12 months without issues and i'm not the lightest of rider, bought a 2nd pair for another bike recently too

nickegg
    Free Member

And out come the same old comments 🙄

grim168
    Free Member

I'm 6'2" pushing 16 stone so they'll get a fair test. 😀 Hope the green matches my crush. Never been one for bling but what the hell.

stevomcd
    Free Member

****, I just bought 3 pairs! 😡

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the brake pads that simply don't fit in the springs

all the Shimano pads he's sold me have fitted, but they come with springs so I've not tried to use the original ones…

iain1775
    Free Member

stevomcd – Member
    ****, I just bought 3 pairs!

6 pedals?? what are you – a spider?

stevede
    Free Member

few weeks late for me too! Got some in chrome a few weeks back, so far so good. Tempted by bling colours but went for chrome to avoid them looking crap in a few months time.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

FYI spiders have EIGHT legs…

nickc

Well done Simon, that's a really funny reposte

Onzadog
    Free Member

clearly, a spier would have 6 pedals as two limbs would be on the bars. Duh!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

Then what do you hold the handlebars with? Sheesh, some people 🙄

tomdebruin
    Free Member

But you have to steer with the other set. 😆

[edit] too late…

mhailo
    Free Member

Superstar are awesome – that is all.

iain1775
    Free Member

oh dear simon, too clever for your own good
    I spun the web and you flew straight into the trap 😳 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

he's had a knock on the head you know

kimbers

what other importers are bringing these pedals in?

DT78
    Free Member

The pedals are fine, have 2 pairs and they are at least 18months old and had no issues.

grumm
    Free Member

Someone posted a link on here to what looked like identical pedals for even cheaper than SS. Can't remember where it was now.

I really like my Nano pedals.

jamesca
    Free Member

my brake pads have been fine, nano pedals were worth every penny at £44 but at £33 a proper bargain.

my ISIS BB has also been faultless after 6 months on my DH bike

keppoch

What is the difference between "CNC Nano tech flats" and "CNC Nano thru pin pedals"?

Both seem the same price.

keppoch.

devs
    Free Member

I appear to have bought 2 sets too. AFAICS the difference is just the way the pins screw in. Either a grub screw from the top or a mini grubscrew-esque bolt from the other side.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

all the Shimano pads he's sold me have fitted, but they come with springs so I've not tried to use the original ones…

Sintered were fine, organic the friction material was too long for the spring to slide over, tried bending the springs but that just pulled one pad into the rotor and wore though the pad. Now running them spring-less and it sounds like the front of my bike is about to fall off but at least they work.

alexxx
    Free Member

ht components are the other pedals http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/pedals-82-c.asp

alexxx
    Free Member

I should also add that my mates had some nanos for ages and were hard riders and no problemos and i ordered a ss kit the other day off superstar and it came rapido and was sahweet.

and i just bought some nanos off him! its a bargain (i think they used to be this price) grab a pair!

nickegg
    Free Member

'Thru' pedals are the one to get. At least you can actually replace the pin if it bends or snaps off (by removing from underneath). Any pedal that has 'grub' type screws seems pointless IME.

Baldysquirt

Surely if the screw is bent, only in a grub screw type is it possible to remove?

nickegg
    Free Member

No because you can grind/file off the bent part and still remove from underneath. The 'Grub' screws don't usually have enough left to actually get hold of.

Baldysquirt

sounds logical, ta

Kato

I bought some sintered pads and the springs didn't fit. Not because the pad was too long, but because the legs on the springs were too wide. Binned them and just used the old ones.

Northwind

They're really good pedals. Some Superstar stuff is utter s**t though. I rate the pads myself but that might be a losing battle 😉 All my bikes have them now and never had more than trivial issues fitting (had to chase some paint off the sides of the XT pads, took about 4 seconds)

It does annoy me that he's such a total cock though, as he has some good toys.

robholland
    Free Member

nukeproof are identical pedals to superstar!

Northwind

Yup, the Nukeproof Neutrons are exactly the same as the Superstar Nano Techs, just that they cost exactly twice as much. Same as the carbon forks, exactly the same as the Exotic ones but far more expensive.

wors

ordered some yesterday dinnertime, sitting on my desk this morning, bloody good service if you ask me.

grim168
    Free Member

Bloody hell that was quick. Postman just been.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘superstar nano offer’ is closed to new replies.