Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sunringle Ryde XMB Freehub removal
  • osteo1
    Free Member

Has anyone managed to get one of these off and replace it? Can’t do warranty and yes I know they have issues but I would quite like to revive my wheel as it is good otherwise and I’m a bit of a fix/repair freak!
    I have managed to get the axle out and drifted both sets of cartridge bearings out but the freehub it’self baffles me! any ideas?
    Wheel is off a Cube Ltd Race 2010 which has I believe the Mk2 Ryde XMB Hub

slinkybike
    Free Member

Is it not like a shimano freehub where you use Allen key. From memory that’s how I have taken them apart.

osteo1
    Free Member

I will have a try when I get home but I didn’t think so…

slinkybike
    Free Member

Can you send some photo’s I have a spare freehub I think at home and it has Allen key retaining bolt and a allen key for fitting the freehub.

jwmlee
    Free Member

Think you need a special tool.

baznav73
    Free Member

It is an allen key 12mm i think and it goe’s in through the non drive side first to undo the bolt and then non drive or drive to undo the freehub.

slinkybike
    Free Member

This sounds like the free hub I have.

keydoh
    Free Member

hello, i’ve got the same problem. however i’ve not got to removing the axle. I’ve used a cone spanner to help remove the drive side nut, can somebody please point me in the direction of what to do next??

many thanks.

keydoh
    Free Member

Remove axle and bearings. Put 11mm Allen key in a vice. Place the wheel disc side down onto the Allen key. Turn the wheel anti clockwise. Turn the wheel over and repeat.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sunringle Ryde XMB Freehub removal’ is closed to new replies.