Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Summer Tyres???
  • winterfold
    Free Member

Tonight I found you can’t take the same lines/speed with my aspens as fire xcs when the trails are very dusty

It’s only blood 🙂

nicko74

If you like the Mud X, you may find Bonty Jones ACX worth a look for summer – the sidewalls can be a little thin, but they grip very well and roll pretty fast. They come up a little wide for their stated width (2.2 is more like a 2.3) but I’ve had mine for 4 years with no complaints.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Ardent front 2.25 Crossmark rear 2.25 LUST roll very nicely

nickf
    Free Member

Pythons are terrible for cornering, but flipping fast. I’ll probably get something grippier when they wear out, but that’s a while off.

sinaisinner
    Free Member

I live in the Sinai desert so it is “Summer” here all year long. Lots of loose fist and head sized very, very sharp rocks in the gulleys, loosetop hardpack is around if you’e lucky, lost of sun-baked sand and then there’s the polished eroded rock. Apart from about twice a year, the only water I ever have to deal with is coastal/tidal and where there are palm trees their roots don’t show.

WTB Prowler MT 2.1 on the front works amazingly well, but loads of rolling resistance in on the hard stuff. The rocks are really, really harsh on the soft rubber side knobs. I also ran an old Hutchison Scorpion AirLight on the rear which did admirably here despite some of the terrible reviews they get.

I have recently switched to Maxxis Aspen 2.25 (f) and 2.10 (r) eXC (120 TPI). I run tubeless (Joe’s Sealant) on ZTR Olympic rims at about 28psi. They go on a treat and don’t lose air from the outset.

These are so fast it is untrue and as yet have not managed to make them fail me where grip is concerned. I was a bit concerned when I first fitted them because the tread looks so sparse and low profile. They seem pretty tough, but as with all tyres here, time will tell; the rocks are ridiculously sharp here.

I did start out on Continental Twister Supersonics 1.90, but they lasted about 2 weeks here.

anto164
    Free Member

I’ve just put a set of ardents in 60a on my enduro wheels on my reign X, SPOT ON! they’re noticably less grippy when g-ing the bike round turns than the minions i had on there previous and the bike prefers to drift a bit more, but they roll well and are plenty grippy enough!

ratherbeintobago

Anyone tried Hutchinson Cobras? Will I die riding them on hardpack/setts?

Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Summer Tyres???’ is closed to new replies.