Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Suggestions for Security Lighting in back garden
  • dawson

Hi,

Has anybody any recomendations for security lighting? I have an outside light and plan to replace it with a light with a motion sensor.

we also have cats, so I don’t want it to be flicking on and off all night – can you adjust the sensitivity?

There are a few on B&Q for about £9 http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/lighting/outdoor-lighting/security_lights/-specificproducttype-floodlights/Parkhurst-400W-Security-Floorlight-11837515?skuId=12348222 are these too cheap?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Yes – just installed one last week – range and sensitivity as well as light conditions – worth getting a decent one. The new one replaced a 15 yr old one that has only just given up and it’s on a very exposed wall.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Crime prevention advice used to be that a constant dawn to dusk light was a better deterrent than a motion sensor light. This was based on feedback from the bad guys. That was 5 years ago though.

dawson

thanks

hs125
    Free Member

Cats don’t generally set off our sensor lights. Just be aware the flood lights can be very bright and cause light pollution problems if you’ve got neighbours/children. I have floodlights in areas where no one other than burglars are likely to be at night, and low power energy saving sensor lights in areas where they go on and off regularly, but these cost a few £ more.

B_Leach
    Free Member

Just make sure you don’t become this guy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for Security Lighting in back garden’ is closed to new replies.