• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Smee.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sub £1k race bike…
  • dogthomson

Looking for a sub £1K race bike, HT or FS, alu or carbon. Bang per buck favoured over fancy brands but anyhting considered!

Any reccomendations?

GaryLake
    Free Member

If you’re buying new I think you’re only choice is a boardman…

jockhaggis
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

Second hand, you’re not going to get anything particularly racey for that money.

0091paddy
    Free Member

I’ve used Pauls Cycles before, and must admit you can get yourself a decent bike if they have your size.

As for the Boardmans, well the reviews speak for themselves. (And I speak from experience)You won’t get and lighter for an off the shelf bike either.

Check out Wiggle too, some of the Focus 2009! range have money off.

0091paddy
    Free Member

njee20 – don’t talk nonsense.

As for the bike in question, make it a HT. Aim to keep in under 25lbs too, and FS at that price will be 28lbs or more.

Jamie
    Free Member

Save a bit longer and get one of these from pauls cycles for £1399.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat. Been looking at the Trek 8000.

Unfortunately for me I have to go “big brand” as I’ll be buying it when I’m over in Oz and I really CBA with shipping a bike.

Carbon Zaskar is yummy. I’d have that in a second if i found one over there!

dogthomson

Hmm some decent recommendations there, Ill look in to a few of them. Never even considered the boardmans to be honest, got a mate who works at Hellfrauds too, wonder if I can get mates rates?!

avdave2

what about this

I don’t think they are right on the pricing but you can get it for around £1050

DaveGr
    Free Member

Cube bikes are good VFM and well specced. This one is reviewed in What MTB this month and got a 9 – and only £50 above budget but cheaper options are available.

Cube LTD Race 2009

The Cycle Studio in Stratford are a Cube dealer if you’re nearby and better than buying off the web.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

According to the weight on CRC the thing only weighs about 4lbs. Might need to tie it down! ;o)

Smee
    Free Member

I got an Anthem 2 from Pauls Cycles for £950..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sub £1k race bike…’ is closed to new replies.