Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • STWchipshopadvisortrackworld – Inner Hebrides and Ardrossan
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m joining Ton for a island hopping week. Islay, Arran, Colonsay, Jura and Mull. We are catching the ferry from Ardrossan.

When Boblo & I did our C2C trip Alpine Girl came up trumps with an awesome chip shop in Fort Augustus.

If we cant find good fish and chips on an island, I’ll be disappointed.

Are there any we shouldn’t miss, and any we should swerve?

crankboy
    Free Member

the chip shop van on the pier at tobermory on mull . or the caffe on the pier DOWNSTAIRS not the caffe fish upstairs as they do not serve chips.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That’s the ticket.

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

The one at the ferry at Brodick was pretty good. Hooked and Cooked was the name.

gordimhor

Crankboy+1

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Orange Crush – Member
    The one at the ferry at Brodick was pretty good. Hooked and Cooked was the name.

POSTED 10 HOURS AGO #

It’s not bad, fairly average. If you’re going round the island, as opposed to just head from Brodick to Lochranza, there is a new place at Machrie called cafe thyme. Has a wood fired oven and they do turkish stuff pides (bit like a calzone) from what I hear, it’s very good.

maccruiskeen

It not too far from Ardrossan to the Wee Hurrie in Troon

hebridean
    Free Member

No chippys on Colonsay and Jura. The Pantry on Colonsay might do takeaways. Jura has a burger van and the Hotel does good food. Islay has a moble chippy in Bowmore on a Thursday evening and Port Ellen on a Friday and Saturday. On Friday and Saturday in Bowmore The Cottage cafe does takeaway chips etc.

kcal

+1 for the chip van on pier at Tobermory. Don’t know what they do, but it’s flippin’ excellent. Recommended. Othwer than that, sorry, can’t help.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

I’m glad I could help! I’ll agree that the van in Tobermoray and by the harbour in Brodick are pretty good – not as good as the one in FA though…

I guess you’re heading through Lochranza at some point? The pub there has an amazing selection of whisky, well worth a stop in. The owner(George) is really nice if you can get him chatting.

If you’re catching the Mull-Oban ferry the furthest left pub (great directions I know) at the Mull harbour town, can’t remember the name, has an open fire which you might need now autumn seems to have arrived.

(ps. I am very jealous of your trip!)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

We are in Port Charlotte for two nights and catch the ferry for Collonsay on Wednesday morning. The food so far has been good. The Starfish in Tarbert has been the high point so far.

Alpine Girl, you’d love it.

alpinegirl
    Free Member

Glad you’re keeping well fueled!

It’s definately on my list… in top 3 of <1 month tours at least, first place in UK tour list 😉

Marin
    Free Member

Not a chippy but the white House restaurant in lochaline quick ferry ride from mull. My old next door neighbour used to catch most of the seafood and my old boss’s daughter owns/runs it. Top food.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘STWchipshopadvisortrackworld – Inner Hebrides and Ardrossan’ is closed to new replies.