• This topic has 536 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by bails.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 537 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Autumn – 2021
  • robbo1234biking

Hello All,

This a call for the first series of the STW Racing League for Autumn 2021. My plan is to run 4 series of the Racing League.

Autumn 2021
    Xmas 2021
    Winter 2022
    Spring 2022

The first series will run from 14th September for 6 weeks finishing just before half term so the race dates will be:

14th September
    21st September
    28th Setpember
    5th October
    12th October
    19th October

Each Race series is made up of the 4 traditional categories but with a bit of a twist to give everyone a chance to compete.

1. The main handicap race – as per previous events a handicap will be applied to your finish time based on your weight and FTP and the entire group is sorted by race time plus handicap and points distributed accordingly. This is based on the best of 5 races points from the 6 races (all sprint points count towards this total).

2. The sprint jersey – Sprint points are awarded for the Top 5 finishers on a sprint section (10,6,4,2,1 points) or the fastest lap time on circuit race. The points are awarded on each sprint section on a race but only for the fastest time across that section during the whole race (i.e you may get a couple of chances to get a good time).

3. The GC race – This is based on the shortest time to complete all 6 stages and is sorted by traditional Zwift cat. The zwift cat is determined on the weight and FTP that you supply me so may not match your ZP cat as that takes historical data into account.

I am still in the process of determining the courses for the races but there will be a simiilar make up to last time with some shorter sprint races, some hilly races and some longer flatter races to give everyone a chance to shine.

I have put this thread up so that people are aware with other Zwift racing leagues starting up at the same time. In order to register you just need to PM me with your weight and FTP or post it up on this thread. I will be in touch to each person closer to the time with the links for the events. We are able to carry on our tie in with Zwift so these will be official events starting from the pen. I will mix up the bike choices but I wont keep the whole event on MTB like the previous series (again this depends on course selection, so 1 or 2 events may force MTB but others will be up to you!).

Advance notice gives you a bit of time to sharpen your racing skills!

stumpy01

Count me in!

Need to lose some holiday ballast and get a few races in to remember what needs doing!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Cheers @Robbo1234biking I miss the races!

savoyad

This is great news, nice one @robbo1234biking.

andeh

Ace! I’m in!

Need to do a ramp test so will let you know in a couple of weeks, when I’m home.

zilog6128

Great news! Defo in. Will do a weigh & updated FTP nearer the time.

jimdubleyou

Nice!

Straightliner

Brilliant news and thank you for organising once again. Definitely up for it.

nixie

I’m in a ZRL team this season so won’t make them all. Will try to make events when I’m not needed for ZRL. Need to do an FTP test.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Yes please! Will do another FTP test nearer the time but currently lower than last year 🙁

bails

Good stuff, I’m in too. Will update my FTP and let you know.

Highland28
    Free Member

I’d be keen to join in if the timing was to suit. I’ve got 2 young kids so don’t normally get out to the bike until 7.30pm at the earliest. What time do you normally start the races?

funkybaj
    Free Member

Woo, it’s back!

Count me in again. I was planning to reactivate my Zwift account soon so this is perfect timing.

Pretty sure my FTP will be down but will find out in due course.

reluctantjumper

This came back around rather quickly!

Will have to sort out a bike for the turbo trainer as I sold the commuter bike I was using previously so put me down as a possible for the autumn series.

robbo1234biking

It’s a 7.30pm start for the races @Highland28

Highland28
    Free Member

Great, fantastic. I should be able to make it then. I’ll just need to get out 10mins early for a warm up. Count me in.
    I’ll send you a PM

ahote

Awesome! My ZRL team folded so I’ll be up for it. I’ll get an FTP test done and let you know.

oopnorth
    Free Member

😫😫😫 I’ll be watching to see how you all get on. Hopefully the old ticker gets sorted for me to join the winter or spring series.

Best of luck all.

@robbo1234biking
    If you need any help with admin or anything, course selection, etc….let me know!

snotrag

I’m in again too please. Need it!

No idea on FTP as old turbo long gone and new one not turned up yet, hopefully soon.

Keen to have something to motivate me through the dark months!

scaredypants

I’m in-out-shake it all about as usual due to late nights on Tuesdays

Robbo, do you want us to sign up to all as before to keep the numbers up ?

@oopnorth
    – “ticker”. Wassup ?

Wonder if my kit still works. It’s been a while

oopnorth
    Free Member

@scaredypants I’ve got AF mate, heart issue, so I can’t ride right now. See my thread on it from a week ago.

feed

Nice one Robbo, count me in will have to do a ramp test as my ftp has definitely dipped. Thanks for organizing these again.

Oblongbob

Oh god!! Here we go again. Was half looking forward to and half dreading this post! Count me in!

scaredypants

I’ve got AF mate

Sorry to hear that. Funnily enough I’m struggling to get my HR up – maybe you could donate a few beats ?

tomnavman
    Free Member

Count me in please Robbo! Looking forward to these starting again

oopnorth
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’m struggling to get my HR up – maybe you could donate a few beats ?

@scaredypants
    I’m sure these races will help 😁😁

mrhoppy

I can do the early days news until ZRL starts then Mrs Hoppy is riding and they usually clash.

joedilla

Amazing,

Looking forward to this!

nixie

@mrhoppy there are 2 qualifier weeks starting earlier. Might cause some issues.

neilarn2

Cheers Robbo, will confirm weight soon just need to loose a bit.

Neil

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Might not make much of the first series robbo as I really need to do a few weeks of structured something to shift a bit of weight and get some fitness back but I’ll get my details over just in case.

jamesoz

Hmm, not looked at numbers for a while.
    -10 watts +5kg.
    Oops

Best do something about that first.

retrorick

I’ll be returning to race/ride around at the back of the field 😭.

FTP update will be sent in the next week or two.

👍

Paul-S
    Free Member

Cheers @Robbo1234biking, count me in although I may miss the 1st 2 races as I think I’m away

Paul

richardkennerley

I’ll sign up, despite my first race in zwift the other day being somewhat deflating!

I can see one in the first series I’ll definitely miss, but should be good for the rest as it stands. 😳

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Not me this time unfortunately, busy for the first 3 race nights.

reluctantjumper

Have procured a suitable bike for the turbo now so barring work getting in the way I’m in.

Hmm, not looked at numbers for a while.
    -10 watts +5kg.
    Oops

Best do something about that first.

+5kg here too but can guarantee I’ve lost more than 10 watts! When do you need the figures robbo?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yes please – will PM you…cheers

robbo1234biking

Cheer all for PMs and interest on here. I am keeping note and will be in touch closer to the kick off.

10th September should be good for weights and FTPs

kirky72
    Free Member

@robbo thanks for sorting again, I’ll join as many as I can but definitely won’t make more than 3 or 4.

I’ll let you know on the stats near the time, weight is fluctuating and FTP isn’t what it was for the last series. I’ve tried a few short crits which normally ring every last watt out of me to keep at the pointy end of the Bs and I’ve only averaged 303w.

I’ll check again nearer the time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 537 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Racing League – Autumn – 2021’ is closed to new replies.