Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)
  • STW Tour de France
  • brakes
    Free Member

yay! up to first place.
    (Rorsocks doesn’t count because he joined too late).

RealMan
    Free Member

Got an update. Rorschach still in first place. Brakes still bitter (probably). What happened today hasn’t thrown me back too much..

mudshark
    Free Member

Quite exciting…I’ve risen every day just reached the dizzy heights of 82nd…my climbers are waiting patiently to do their thing though.

brakes
    Free Member

grumble

Rorschach
    Free Member

(fingers round neck version ;o) )

ell_tell
    Free Member

Rojas out & Voeckler’s got a dodgy knee.

Not looking good for team En Masse 🙁

Edit: or for Rojas for that matter

Rorschach
    Free Member

Kittel’s gone home now 🙁

mrhoppy

Yeah, felt sorry for Kittel. No one wants to ride with a stomach bug in white bib shorts.

brakes
    Free Member

paaaarrrrp.

mrhoppy

Hmm, today’s stage was really not good for team hoppy. Cav held up and out of the sprint, Ryder losing 13 minutes and not sure to start tomorrow. Balls.

warton
    Free Member

has it updated yet? don’t think it has…

mrhoppy

No but I don’t need it to know it’s going to be desperate.

warton
    Free Member

I’ve got Greipel and Sagan. after my 0 points in the prologue things have been getting better steadily! I’ve essentially picked a climbing team too…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Holding steady in the front half of the pack in 20th.
    @TweeterSagan doing me proud, but lost Danielson today 🙁

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve got Greipel and Sagan.

Hmmm I went for Greipel but chose Schleck over Sagan after a lot of arguing with myself…oh well will see but I got a some good climbers and the two GC faves.

warton
    Free Member

top half…

RealMan
    Free Member

Hmmm, found myself in the top 20 by the end of week 1 without Greipel, EBH, or Cancellara. Looking good so far.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Looks like I’m 3 men down with Brice Feliu in the doldrums too.

I’ll be lucky to finish the tour at this rate!

domwells27
    Free Member

Ryder Hesjedal has pulled out, leaving my slip from 6th place imminent.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

I can hear the broom wagon revving up behind me. That early breakaway that saw me in 3rd place after day 1 is now looking like foolhardy showboating. 😥

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My boys are doing well. But looking forward to seeing cancellara losing the yellow as we move into the mountains, where hopefully the frenchmen l put in my team will start pulling their weight.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I fear this will be my final day in yellow :0(

RealMan
    Free Member

FFS Hubert Dupont pulling out before we even get to the hills. Didn’t get me a single point.

mudshark
    Free Member

I picked him too but he’s quite hurt – I think a broken wrist and vertebra.

RealMan
    Free Member

Waiting for the victory dance from Team Hoppy..

jonba
    Free Member

Jumped about 20 places, finally my climbers get some points!

mrmo
    Free Member

slowly slowly, if i understand the ranking 6th overall today.

njee20
    Free Member

Despite having Taaramae and Wiggo I dropped a position to 35th! Humbug 😕

scaredypants

Hesjedal out, Moncoutie and Hoogerland invisible and Van Garederen dropped like a stone from the goup. Scaredyfrance not as great as I’d imagined 😥

(no idea which of my lot is badly hurt other than Hesjedal but I need to bang their heads together and tell ’em to MTFU !)

mrhoppy

Today went well, 1st, 3rd & 7th on stage. Yellow and polka jerseys, Froome and wiggo picked up cat 1 places. After yesterday’s poor showing and Ryder pulling out that has given team Hoppy a decent boost. I always planned a climbing type team, wasn’t expecting a good showing early.

RealMan
    Free Member

Not too worried, Cadel and Wiggins will be scoring me loads of points in mountains and tts. Cav is going to pull his act together and I think Tejay may be able to take back the white jersey – he just had a bad day.

Also there’s still plenty more chances for Sagan to drop some hammers.

All to play for.

mrmo
    Free Member

just bothered to look at the results, 1,2,3,5 and 12th.

RealMan
    Free Member

Made it into the top 10 by the rest day. Relatively happy, although I am relying on Evans and Cav to do some solid work.

mrhoppy

Top 4 riders today, 1st, 3rd & 8th on gc. Go team hoppy, a couple of big mountain days should help as well, catching up with Rorshach.

mudshark
    Free Member

Well a few top teams are a little weaker now due to the large number of withdrawals including some top riders. The RCUK fantasy league that I’m also doing allows limited rider changes between stages so you don’t get stuck with riders who have dropped out.

RealMan
    Free Member

The RCUK fantasy league that I’m also doing allows limited rider changes between stages so you don’t get stuck with riders who have dropped out.

Don’t like that, it’s unrealistic. Got to pick wisely the first time, and bad luck is part of racing.

mudshark
    Free Member

Actually it’s great. You have 20 changes you can make over the Tour and 3 max per stage. So you have to plan when to make your changes to make best use of your change and money limits. Indeed one of my guys has dropped out but I’ve decided to keep him as changing him would be a bad use of my remaining changes.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Granny’s Rings back into top 30, and I guess it’ll help now Cancellara has pulled out as I don’t have him, but it generally isn’t going well. Wiggins, Sagan and Greipel have done me proud, but every other rider I’ve picked has less than 200 points. Hoogerland on zero, Schleck an expensive mistake on just 187… Oh well. Next year!

Things getting close at the top between Rorschach and Hudson. Hudson doesn’t have Sagan though – could be decisive?

RealMan
    Free Member

Team Hoppy in the lead..

brakes
    Free Member

not been updated yet has it?
    As long as Arscratch doesn’t win… I’ll be happy* with a top ten

*not that happy though

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘STW Tour de France’ is closed to new replies.