Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 362 total)
  • STW POSITIVITY THREAD!!
  • wheelsonfire1

I sometimes (often) have problems with motivation and getting out of bed. I like to keep up with current events, politics and nature. Present events have sent my worries off the scale so I’m trying to find something positive EVERY day.
    Today I went into the woodland area of my garden and systematically pulled out all the young brambles. Nothing against brambles (I’ve got areas where they’re allowed to thrive), except they take advantage of my winter inactivity, and, the little blighters, send out runners across the garden under the leaf litter to trip me up – some were over 8 metres long! I’m now tired but feeling better. Post your daily positive event, it could be something you’ve done or something else that’s given you a lift.
    Like a daily uplifting communal diary?

SaxonRider

The sun and temperature in Cardiff today were wonderful. And I got lots done. 🙂

wordnumb
    Free Member

I has beer + good musics = all good.

mboy
    Free Member

Took the opportunity to make the most of the sunny weather, and went out with some mates on motorbikes today, from Worcester to Hereford, up into Shropshire, onto the Long Mynd, back to Ludlow then Bewdley, stopped at the Indian dealers in Stourport on the way back and had a look round, got offered a test ride so took it out for another 40mins…

Had an ACE time!

Get home… Find out the Russians been shelling innocent civilians on their route out of Mauripol during an agreed cease fire…

I fell apart! 😔

Really struggling right now, reached out to local “Healthy Minds” people 8 months ago now, they only finally got back to me a couple of weeks ago for an “initial assessment” to see if or how they could help. Turns out I’m in pretty dire need of some help (no shit!)… So they’ve stuck me to the front of the queue… Which is another 7 months long…

If the worst happens, have decided I want “Well… He tried!” to be my lengthy and detailed obituary!

duncancallum

I’m at a gig

wheelsonfire1

If we can manage one positive a day @mboy then we’re not doing bad, it can be something really simple like me with chuffin brambles!

mboy
    Free Member

If we can manage one positive a day @mboy then we’re not doing bad, it can be something really simple like me with chuffin brambles!

I’m making a real concerted effort mate… Well done yourself. 👍🏻

But bloody hell it ain’t easy right now eh!

grahamt1980

Managed to split a small pile of logs that i couldn’t be bothered to deal with for weeks.
    Cleaned the bike after an awesome bike ride last night.
    It is shit looking at the world situation, but look at how much money and the concern a huge number of people have for the refugees, and a lot of the world is unified in a way that hasn’t been seen in ages. Humanity can be awesome when the shit hits the fan

MoreCashThanDash

Finished digging over the “vegetable patch” that hasn’t been used since my FiL got too ill to come up and organise it for us about 5-6 years ago. He passed away last year, and MrsMC has plans for growing veg in his memory.

mogrim

It’s my youngest daughter’s birthday, and she’s only gone and turned 18! Now, theoretically, I should be feeling old right now – but I did 17km running this morning, and I’m planning on doing more tomorrow, so I reckon my “youth” and her birthday are pretty positive 😀

binman

Swapped all the old halogen downlighters (15) with some LED lights using the good advice from the forum. The wires were just about long enough. Put a coat of paint on the ceiling as well. My back is done in now, but out for a ride first thing in the morning to stretch it out again 😁

Onzadog
    Free Member

When I look the dog for a walk, I noticed that the adjustments to her diet we’d made had the desired effect and it was much firmer.

wheelsonfire1

@Onzadog – poositivity? Small wins! Or is it a big dog?

Drac

A member of staff who is returning to Poland thanked for all I’ve done for them while they’ve been here.

northernmatt

Took some stuff to the tip and in the general waste skip I found a mint copy of Need for Speed Underground 2 for the PS2.

Onzadog
    Free Member

@wheelsonfire1
    26kg (the dog, not the poop) but 💩 is normally a handful of nuggets a day

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

mboy – PM me your address and I will send you a present of something I have made / painted / sculpted.

Makes me feel positive that I might have helped someone in some small way have a positive* for today.

*Bold assumption that mboy wants something I have made / painted / sculpted and considers this a positive

dyna-ti

mboy – PM me your address and I will send you a present of something I have made / painted / sculpted.

It might even have blood on it 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

It might even have blood on it 😉

For cloning purposes?

jim25

I took my daughter (2 and a half year old) swimming this morning and I went wakeboarding for the first time since November today.

Happy positive day in amongst the last 10 days of “horrible world thinking thoughts”

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Who needs a signature when you have DNA?

Anyway, watch the videos, I normally wear my safety flip flops when operating dangerous machines

fasthaggis

I gave my youngest son his first shed today.It was our old bike shed that had to come down because of an extension we are having done.It is 15 years old but was in fantastic condition ,it came apart and went back up perfectly,rock solid.He was well chuffed and we had a beer together in the sun.At today’s prices it saved him £800 😀

grum
    Free Member

Tidied up our garden after months of feeling like the neighbourhood scumbags. Sun came out and had nice chats about gardening with our neighbours we’ve not really seen for ages as everyone has been hibernating.

When the sun comes out properly it reminds me how tough UK winter can be on the psyche but I’m seeing that as a positive just now to have hopefully made it through to the other side!

GolfChick
    Free Member

It would be nice to not have to avoid yet another thread for fear of replies eventually turning into the near crippling anxiety so can we at least refrain from the ‘this is my positivity to counteract X’ and just stick to ‘this is my positivity’ please!

Bought three rolls of wallpaper for our house which completes on Friday!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Oh and I got todays wordle on my second guess, which makes me very happy!

matt_outandabout

I walked up a (small) hill with mrs_oab.
    On a sunny day.
    With a cuppa and a mini Mars at the top.
    Twas ace.

I walked an Alpaca today, rather mindful activity.

dyna-ti

I normally wear my safety flip flops when operating dangerous machines

Baggy woolly jumpers with overlong frayed cuffs make the ideal safety companion.

mboy
    Free Member

It is shit looking at the world situation, but look at how much money and the concern a huge number of people have for the refugees, and a lot of the world is unified in a way that hasn’t been seen in ages. Humanity can be awesome when the shit hits the fan

This is a thought that I am really holding on to… COVID has been a test of endurance but has mostly brought the good out in people, the current “situation” in Ukraine right now has really highlighted just what the Human Race can achieve when it puts its differences aside and comes together. As and when this madness is resolved, the world should become a dramatically better place!

It would be nice to not have to avoid yet another thread for fear of replies eventually turning into the near crippling anxiety so can we at least refrain from the ‘this is my positivity to counteract X’ and just stick to ‘this is my positivity’ please!

Currently watching TOTP: Big Hits 1990 and reminiscing heavily about arguably one of the best musical years ever! Is that better…? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tomorrow I plan to immerse myself in more 2 wheeled antics and will make sure I’m not so selfish as to share my anxiety with a bunch people on the internet… 🤭😉

MoreCashThanDash

I’m waiting at the tramstop for my daughter who has been to a concert with some of her orchestra friends.

There’s a young couple waiting for the tram after a slightly tipsy night out, obviously very into each other but not quite ready to act on it yet. It’s quite sweet.

jamj1974

– I saw Echo and the Bunnymen with two very good friends last Saturday and Mac was in great spirits and voice. I’m still singing their songs a week later.
    – I started a new job on Monday and it seems so far a much healthier culture for me and in general.
    – Monday evening I saw an old friend I love – I’ve known since 1984 when he was 5 – so most of his life and mine. He’s lost his wife and mum in the last 18 months. Despite his losses, he is still finding positives.
    – Tonight I saw a childhood friend I’ve known since we started our GCSE’s. We laughed at our shared memories and our lives today. Thought about a late and dear mutual friend and drank to his memory.

It’s been a meaningful and good week.

andrewh
    Free Member

Crocuses are out.
    Spring is coming 😁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Beer, all you can eat oriental buffet and guitars. Not a bad day.

Ambrose

The sun was out- magical! Rode the new bike into one of the best spots in the Beacons (top of the Gwys) and then rode my favorite descent down to Dan yr Ogof.

This evening the Kendal Mtn Film festival was on at Pontardawe arts centre, got late tickets.

Seeing my oldest son tomorrow for a family meal with his uncle who’s over from the USA for the first time in 5 years.

But yes: the crocusses are out. Surely spring is on its way? Please?

stumpy01

Had a chimney removed just over a week ago.
    Starting to get round to sorting out the two rooms that this disrupted, so it’s good to see some progress.

Then smashed out a hard hour on Zwift.

Fish and chips for tea.

Then went with a neighbour to the micro-pub over the road that had 13 beers on for a mini beer festival. It was the owner’s birthday so there was the option of cup cakes or pork pie too go with the beer. Happy days!!

pandhandj
    Free Member

I put some one who is barley an acquaintance and is looking for a house in the village, in touch with a friend who is just getting ready to sell their house in the village today.

both of them were over the moon when I suggested that i might know someone that they should talk to…

I think i have done a good thing today?

colournoise

Woke up when I wanted rather than as a slave to an alarm.
    Flapjack for breakfast.
    Mid afternoon snooze.
    Walked the dog in the rain. Saw snowdrops.
    Macaroni cheese.
    Beer and mindless films.

pondo

Breakfast by Mrs Pondo, a morning pottering around the house, then a genuinely excellent afternoon on the lash with her and her mates. I now have scratchings, an optimistic beer, Nirvana, and a galaxy to explore in Elite Dangerous. We don’t have it so bad.

dyna-ti

explorerboy

THREE MONTHS AFTER PROPER BREAKING MY WRIST I TOOK THE BIKE TO ASPLEY HEATH AND HAD A ROLL AROUND AND IT WERE MINT!

I’d only been riding for 9 months when I broke it so to find that itch still needed scratching and and getting a reasonable of confidence (but not fitness…) level back was 👌👌

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 362 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.