Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • STW Pewsey Aug 6 ride
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Maybe someone could give you a lift. Ask someone, you never know and it might help a little towards your problems. As rusty said, it has helped him.
    I'd offer but i'm getting a lift myself as Mrs MM has the car this weekend.

racefaceec90

thanks mm. yes if anyone would be able to give us a lift(can pay some petrol money!!!)i would be very grateful.i can meet you in town centre or wherever's easiest in devizes. my e mail address is:- adamibanezcunningham@hotmail.co.uk thank you very much!!! 🙂

Gilles

no problem, I can give you a lift,I will pass Devizes probably around 9:30. We can meet on the way out of Devizes,along the A361, there is a Total(?) petrol station on the lefthand side with probably any space to park and load my car with your dusty bike. I'll send you my phone number.

racefaceec90

gilles.that's brilliant,thank you very much.i will give you my mobile number as well.p.s the total garage is less than 3 minutes from where i live!!!thanks again.adam 😀 look forward to meeting everyone!!!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Numpty map question, grid reference doesn't mean a lot to me, what road's the car park on?

Knapp Hill looks to be out Marlborough direction, passed Alton Barnes, is that the right place?

Sorry, haven't been over this way for ages.

Gilles

Yes, that's the right place. The car park is quite big, at that time of the day we should all be able to find a place. See you there!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Hi Gilles / All,

going to have to sit this one out, still waiting for my titanium arm upgrade, that'll learn me for riding into a tree ;o)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Lightweight, got another arm haven't you. When it's better, i may be arranging a Purbecks ride for September if interest is there.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

if I ride one armed, i go around in little circles!

Gilles

too bad captain! We are too old for some killer downhill. Looking back at the thread, I try to work out how many people are expected. Look like I have: rusty trowel, raceface, mulletus, tootallpaul, uponthedowns, c_g. Am I missing anybody? any leaver? joiner?

Cheers

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Hooray! I've just been leant something shiny and bouncy to ride on Sunday. Never ridden a full-susser before, so look out, it could all end in tears.

cinnamon_girl

😯

No Captain Flashheart?

Perhaps he is not at his country estate this weekend … or getting ready for the glorious twelfth 🙂

Rusty – is this a demo bike then? Do tell!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Tis indeed a demo bike, must try not to bin it. The guys from the shop buried me tonight on a road ride as payment i think.

CountZero

Am I missing anybody? any leaver? joiner?

Well, there's me, who actually started this thread going! 🙄

gusamc
    Free Member

apologies, was coming but had a sudden minor emergency op yesterday, so off bike for about a month, hope it goes well. Cheers

Gilles

Sorry countzero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks gusamc for the update.

tootallpaul

Roland (Mister Mouse of these here parts) and I will be joining you.

10am at the Knapp Hill car park…

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Does anyone have any idea what the conditions will be like?
    Had a bit of a tumble last weekend in the wet and want to make sure I have the right tyres on. I'm guessing it won't be too bad.

CountZero

The Downs tend to drain fairly quickly, and apart from occasional puddles it shouldn't be too bad. I don't know a lot of the route, but if it's tracks that the 4×4's stay clear of then shouldn't be a problem.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Cheers, as I thought.
    Look forward to meeting you. See you tomorrow.

tootallpaul

Could someone do streetmap type linky thing to the start point?

I can't work it out from the map earlier in the thread. Having a dumb day!

P

cinnamon_girl

captain_bastard – oh, that's bad news. Get well soon 🙂

gus – healing vibes to you too 🙂

tootallpaul – is that Ro of THT infamy?

Really looking forward to this BUT it sounds as though I will be the only girlie 😯

I'm terrified!

Moses

Depends on my Saturday night, but I will try to come.
    Looking forward to either a ride or a hangover.

And will the pub be the Barge at Honey Street? It's lovely in good weather.

Moses

racefaceec90

well it hasn't rained in devizes,so the signs look good for tomorrow!!! 😀

tootallpaul

That is that Ro…

See you all in the morning!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Everyone get home ok? Cheers for the guiding Gilles, apart from that slog up the road near the end.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks to Gilles for organising and showing us around the hilliest, grassiest, embankment-iest, tractor tracks-iest and gorgeous Wiltshire scenery 🙂

Good to meet new faces too 🙂

rusty – what slog up the road was that? Oh, the one where I managed to ride a wee bit quicker than a few of you guys 😉 Loved it!

racefaceec90

thanks gilles for the lift.it was great to meet everyone,and a great mountain bike excursion (will be buying a map to seek out some new trails).i hope i can ride with you all again.take it easy. 😀

cinnamon_girl

gpx route available if anyone requires it. E-mail in profile.

CountZero

Hi everyone, yeah, great ride, thanks Gilles, for guiding us over new trails. I really enjoyed the pint in Avebury, and the nettle and wasp stings are still tingling more than a little…
    Very nice to meet everyone, hope to meet up again soon.
    All the best.

Gilles

I'm glad you enjoyed the route despite having more climbs than descents…See you all soon!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Cheers Gilles, great ride in a lovely part of Wiltshire. Nice to meet you all and look forward to riding with you all again. Maybe not so hilly next time!!! 😆
    Apologies agian CountZero for stirring up that wasps nest! Hope the stings are ok.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘STW Pewsey Aug 6 ride’ is closed to new replies.