• This topic has 102 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • STW Northern Chapter ' around Lee and Cragg' ride. Sunday 20th November.
  • nbt

Yes, we’re intending to come up – Mrs NBT and me

GRAEMEJONES

I’m still in. If it’s going to be sort of a Turbine ride, are we still starting from the same place, or in Ramsbottom near the Brewery ? ( just a thought ! )

justme
    Free Member

Start at the same place ie futures park to go through the quarries and upto the tops from this side may venture to rammy depending on time
    would be nice to go from the brewery (can do a ride from there in the future if people want even tho its been done a couple of times) but we can retire to my local afterwards which is pretty good on the beer front
    G

highclimber
    Free Member

i’m tempted though I have a poor accident/visit ratio which has put me off going in the past!

nbt

i thought the point of the ride though was that it was the routes *around* the quarries, rather than the quarries themselves?

chipps

I’m going to be racing ‘cross in Bingley that day, sorry. I always seem to miss the ‘local’ forum rides! 🙁

dawson

slightly tempted with this – is it worth 160 mile round trip?

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Damn, another local ride I cannot get to. Guess I’ll just have to put up with a ride here :)))

La Palma by clarkpm4242, on Flickr

Cheers 🙂

Bregante

Bugger. My weekend with the littl’uns while Mrs B goes swanning off to That London

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No can do for me now either. Dropping off mini-DBW with his aunt and uncle for the weekend for the first time since he arrived on the scene so me and Mrs DBW can do some xmas shopping, go to the cinema, out for a meal blah blah blah. Personally, I’d rather be out biking.

I’ll organise a ride down my end of the valley sometime in the spring. The Manc invasion one last month seemed to go down pretty well.

justme
    Free Member

Jules – not intending to do too much in the quarries themselves but will be using bits as we go thro
    Chips – To my knowledge noone has ever shown up for a local ride even ones from hebden someone did say they were going to but couldnt be bothered get the feeling its to uncool to get up in the morning
    Dawson – prob not worth the trip this time of the year but would be in summer with more light and less mud
    G

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m up for this

justme
    Free Member

ROLL CALL for this – just to get an idea of numbers G

binners

Afraid I’m not going to be able to make it. Despite it being down the road 🙁 children duties so riding Saturday

GRAEMEJONES

I’ll be there. Binners, time for a Rammy ride before Xmas, baked goods will be provided . 🙂

binners

Sounds like a plan Graeme. We’ll head in the other direction this time. Over towards Darwen Moor

ton

what a set of barstewards, going out on a forum ride and leaving me panting and breathless at home on the sofa……………..i hope it rains on you all………….. 😉

GRAEMEJONES

Nice one Binners, I’ve not yet been over that way, also a chance to get some decent bottled Beer in to dull the pain of Xmas tv. 😀

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

ooh is there a ride , where are we going and who’s in charge ?

seriously if anybody wants a lift from Rammy I can take one bike and one peeps.

Ton you could always join us for a pint and intellectual discussion [ ie nob jokes ] afterwards

Mart

D0NK

Should be there, just trying to decide on travel arrangements, which way you heading out? Up lee quarry? (just incase I’m running late)

justme
    Free Member

Donk you got mail g

D0NK

cheers G

ton

Mart or Graham, what is the name of the pub you are going to after.
    i might come over and do a leccy road pootle.

binners

I might bring the ladies over for a pootle around Lee Quarry and meet you upon your return. 7 year old junior binners was loving it last time we were there

lowey

Sorry lads. My great nephews’s 1st birthday party on Sunday. We are all making a special effort after loosing his grandad.

Have a good one.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Ton its the Hargreaves arms at Lumb , just up the road from chez graham .

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Jules – not intending to do too much in the quarries themselves but will be using bits as we go thro
    Chips – To my knowledge noone has ever shown up for a local ride even ones from hebden someone did say they were going to but couldnt be bothered get the feeling its to uncool to get up in the morning
    Dawson – prob not worth the trip this time of the year but would be in summer with more light and less mud
    G

hows the free singletrack subscription going dude

chipps

I’ve only seen about two forum ride threads because I rarely get time to look at the forum and so probably miss all the announcements. Feel free to invite me directly next time and if someone’s free for a ride we’ll pop up. I’ve been on rides with the Quantocks lot, Lakes and Stoke on Trent, so I’d like to think that we can be bothered…

Sue_W
    Free Member

Chipps – you’ve even been known to come over and ride in Wales 😉

(BTW – I still have some of Clover’s biscuits. I might donate them to Pippa if that’s OK?)

nbt

Chips – To my knowledge noone has ever shown up for a local ride even ones from hebden

Oh, I dunno, 53 of turned up to the inaugural forum ride, the “welcome chipps to the north” ride. That was ten years ago. We got lost before the first turn, IIRC

D0NK

can I just check, is this is still 9.30 for 10:00 at futures?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

yes it is donk , will be on car park ,mart

Gniffer
    Free Member

Great. I’m in as an inaugural local forum-creeper. Guess I’ll have to rustle up a local cake-maker to do her stuff!!!

GRAEMEJONES

Gniffer, that’s cheating, you’re supposed to make them yourself ! 🙂 Got a new one to try out on willing volunteers on Sunday . ” Blondies ” think white choc versions of Brownies with Macademia nuts and apricot .

Bunnyhop

OMG – Graham please, please, save me one.

GRAEMEJONES

You should know by now, you’re first in the line to try new cake, tell nbt I have a prezzy for him !

nbt

bunnyhop’s just gone to get a tissue to clear up a little whoopsie

I don’t do nuts so BH might get two portions

BHis back but has started drooling again

Stevelol
    Free Member

I might come along to this but I’m pretty unfit! What’s the route?

GRAEMEJONES

nbt, you’ll be taking you’re prezzy home . It’s not to be done on a school night 😉

mtb_matt
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Chapter ' around Lee and Cragg' ride. Sunday 20th November.’ is closed to new replies.