Viewing 4 posts - 281 through 284 (of 284 total)
  • STW – Garderners and allotment users – Friday chat
  • ski
    Free Member

On my plot at the moment:

Two rows of spuds
    Three rows of carrots
    6 rows of Onions
    4 rows of garlic

Clearing the polly for peppers & tomatoes & very expensive cucumber!

Only one row of lettuce on the go as yet.

Had my last parsnip pulled and eaten today from last year! 😉

Plus:

First one I have seen this year, sleeping in my compost heap, with a friendly frog, but he scarpered 😉

I had loads of slowworms last year, they are still such a buzz to see.

First slow worm of the year at my allotment by scotiedog, on Flickr

TN
    Free Member

I’m having my first go growing veggies this year.
    Got various seeds on the go and have dug and built a smallish raised bed – just 7×5 foot, but I think that’ll be enough for me for a first attempt.
    My garden doesn’t get loads of sun so I’ve gone for cauliflower, spinach, butternut squash, potatoes, carrots in the bed and tomatoes and peas on the patio and aubergine, peppers, salad leaves and chillis going in the house. And various herbs in pots on the patio.
    I hope this lot isn’t going to be too ambitious. Guess I’ll find out over the next few months…

mrmo
    Free Member

?

Helios
    Free Member

TN: It’s my first time growing veggies too – and I’ve also got quite a lot going on and am wondering if it’ll be too ambitious. The way I see it things that fail will teach me lessons for next year – so the more failures the more I’ll learn, the more successes the more I’ll eat – either way I win (sort of)

I cheated and picked up some toms and peppers as plugs this weekend – now all planted up in my little grow house.

Viewing 4 posts - 281 through 284 (of 284 total)

The topic ‘STW – Garderners and allotment users – Friday chat’ is closed to new replies.