Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • STW Fish experts!!
  • richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

I need the help of the collective STW massive.

Why the hell is my two year old goldfish going white?

There are three of them in the tank (Splish, Splash and Splosh), two are fine but Splash is going white underneath and spreading up his sides.

Aside from the colour change he seems perfectly healthy.

Anything to worry about or just a 'fish' thing?

Cheers Gents

Richie

p.s – Before anyone points it out I am well aware of the irony of my fish going what could easily be silver!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hadge
    Free Member

Don't worry it does sometimes happen – seems to be linked to having them in a shaddy area apparently. Not sure if that's true but regarding it's health it will be fine.

Hadge
    Free Member

Lol at Captain – could have been worse – he could have said it was the Michael Jackson syndrome!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Come on Captain, thats just out of order.
    I already live in Plymouth so round every single corner is a chippy trying to tempt me in, I dont need to be shown the golden battered goodness when I'm sat at home too!

Cheers Hadge – I'll not worry about it too much then, besides, if it continues to worsen I'll have to take Captains advice!

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

My fish are doing something similar, one is going lighter, the other darker – nowt to worry about though. You can get fish food that's got stuff in it to promote their natural colour if you're that way inclined.

molgrips
    Free Member

Apparently goldfish taste like carp.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Apparently goldfish taste like carp.

That's becasue they are carp, of a sort. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘STW Fish experts!!’ is closed to new replies.