Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stupid question for Lefty owners
  • ratherbeintobago

Is it normal to have a very small amount of vertical play when the spring's locked out? This has only come on in the last couple of rides so not sure if it's knacked or whether it's just things wearing in.

Ta

Andy

walleater

No. It might be losing oil. It's worth keeping an eye out down by the brake as they have a habit of dumping oil all over your caliper and rotor….which is nice.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Which model Lefty and how old is it?

ruminant
    Free Member

Also it could be your bearing races that need resetting.

On my FFD I used to have to do it every month or so.

not a big deal, remove the top cap and cycle the the fork leg, fairly sharp yanks downwards. Check the cannondale website for further info, you can download the manual which gives step by step instructions

cheers

ratherbeintobago

Which model Lefty and how old is it?

Lefty Speed with DLR; it's about 2 months old. There's no obvious sign of an oil leak, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Do I need the Shimano tool recommended in the manual (TL-FC32) for removing the collar to do a bearing reset?

Andy

Edit – have just realised that the tool in question is a BB spanner, which I've got

peteimpreza

If it is only two months old get it back to the dealer/TF Tuned to be checked under warranty.

ratherbeintobago

It's due back imminently for an, ahem, 'six-week' check so I'll get them to have a look at it then (unlikely to be out on it much before then due to having floors laid next week – it's great being the one who has days off in the week)

Andy

lovewookie

If you can set the rebound damping all the way, so the fork returns slowly you can do a second check for oil loss. With this set up, compress the fork then allow it to return to normal. If the fork reaches near full extension, then 'pops' back up then you have lost oil from the cartridge. if it doesn't then it could be bearing migration. Only after 2 months old may indicate another problem.

Take it back to the shop you got it and get them to check it out. It should all be covered under warranty anyway.

leftyboy
    Free Member

If it is only two months old get it checked under warranty.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stupid question for Lefty owners’ is closed to new replies.