Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Stupid bling for the bike…
  • monkeyboyjc

It’ll last for a couple of day rides but if I charge it then come back 2 or 3 days later it’ll lose significant charge (according to the app). If you leave it all plugged in it just loses charge quickly.

I’m pretty sure it’s just the cheap batteries in the housing – as I’ve two, at some point I’ll take one apart and replace the battery with a better quality one.

twonks

@ogden £209 including a shimano mech arm (which I probably don’t need)

Direct from Garbaruk as suggested and not yet had anything to say I owe anybody duty or import charges etc. Not expecting them tbh as I paid vat in the order so I think it gets transferred / deferred or something against the import duty.

Don’t want to hijack this thread so won’t say any more 😀

Kryton57

I’m re-building this weekend my 26er for Junior as he grows, so ordered a lightweight Mt Zoom stem from XC racer for it.

This might have also included a complete set of Ti bolts for my bike….

tomhoward

If we are talking about shiny things that offer, at best, a fleeting performance advantage then these probably qualify.

A couple of these…

Intend Aero rotors

And these, 8 grams of carbon fibre matchmakers.

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/92694523@N06/267i9U]Untitled[/url] by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

Hopp Components Matchmakers for trickstuff brakes

Winner though, as it offers precisely zero performance benefit… (over standard, obvs)

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/92694523@N06/E81s9y]Untitled[/url] by tom.howard.562, on Flickr

Looks very lovely though 😊

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve just googled the price of this rear mech…550 euros!!? Wtaf !!

Does it offer any performance advantage over a normal shimano/ sram mech? I appreciate looks are subjective but I don’t think it even has that going for it, looks like something off an Apollo from Halfords!

What am I missing that means it costs so much?

monkeyboyjc

High production costs.

Being Italian.

🤷‍♂️

No real world performance gains.

monkeyboyjc

Thought I’d give a quick update on the mech, which prob isn’t the best thing as the bike is up for sale in the classifieds, but I’m not desperate to sell (hence the price). I’d not been out on it since the end of last summer and I’ve only put 150miles on it last year! The charity ride I was aiming to do was cancelled and every time I go to the garage a MTB comes out. Anyways, I had to do a quick trip to town yesterday so this bike did come out.

However i hadn’t realised that in storage the shifter had been reset and the mech was in 12th gear with the chain sitting on 1st, so completely miss-geared across the block. First strong pedal stroke took two teeth off the top Jockey wheel! No other damage and a quick email to Ingrid and they are posting out a replacement jockey wheel foc.

desperatebicycle

Ah it does say INGRID.  I though it was RIDING kinda upside down. I like it more now.

FOC…. lolz 😛

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.