Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stunning, but sad morning
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

One of our cats died last night – heart failure, to be fair he outlasted all the vets expectations. 4 year old son was upset this morning, yet soon bounced back, kids hey! Not a cloud in the sky, none of my usual riding pals about, so off into the hills on my own in a mo – RIP Stanley

donsimon
    Free Member

Bummer… 😥

kaesae
    Free Member

Hope you and your are OK ❗

How old was the cat ❓

M6TTF
    Free Member

He was only 7 – he was a rescue cat, he had had a tough start to life. Got hit by a car and smashed his pelvis, dragged himself off the road. Someone found him and took him to the vets. Vet traced his owners, who didn’t want him back as they didn’t want the bills… He had a large bald patch on his back where he was burnt presumably by the exhaust. Was a right cheeky bugger til the end though. Only yesterday he was chasing our other one about!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Mate, I feel your pain.

We had a lovely Russian blue that was born with congenital heart disease. The only saving grace was that she found us as I fear the wrong owner wouldn’t have been prepared to pay the huge bill every time she went to the vets.

Sadly she died of the same thing after 4 short years, but she had a very happy and loving life while alive.

Try and remember the life you gave him. It’s always hard when you lose a pet.

Chin up fella.

Karinofnine

I am sorry to hear. I had a cat called Spog (not named by me) – he disappeared, never saw him again, then Terry (****wit) beautiful but not a brain in her head, ate poison and came home to die, ‘Dillo was next, he also ingested poison, but didn’t die immediately, I had to have him put to sleep, then Djamolidine was run over by a tractor (the shepherd found her body months later and buried her for me), Dandelion succumbed to the liver disease she was born with and I had to have her put to sleep, Frisken was run over, I found her body and buried it, and Ra got cancer and had to be put to sleep. Finally, my beautiful boy Sam (a lurcher) got cancer and I had to have him put to sleep.

I know how you feel, but I can tell you it does get easier, and one day you find that you look back and smile at the funny things they did and it isn’t like a knife turning in your guts.

chalkstorm
    Free Member

RIP Stanley

khani
    Free Member

🙁

rob-jackson
    Free Member

thats shit news dude, sorry to hear it

stratobiker
    Free Member

RIP Stanley. A fighter ’til the end.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stunning, but sad morning’ is closed to new replies.