Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Stuff unavailable in the UK… What would you like to see more of?
  • uplink
    Free Member

For bacon butties, not steak

ratherbeintobago

A decent range of Jagwire tube tops would be good – I got a box of 3G’s from the importer last year; can I get any more – can I hell.

Andy

MussEd
    Free Member

Purely just coming up with ideas at the moment, see if it was in any way feasible, but also just for a bit of fun…

So it’s just a bit of fun, and when traditional STW “humour” is injected you stomp your feet and demand serious answers which as you’ll know ALWAYS encourages more mickey-taking, then threaten to huff off to SouthernDownhill?

I’d like Pabst Blue Ribbon imported please, not really bike relatd but I’d keep some in the bike cave for fettling-related refreshments. HTH…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

MEC clothing

mboy
    Free Member

So it’s just a bit of fun, and when traditional STW “humour” is injected you stomp your feet and demand serious answers which as you’ll know ALWAYS encourages more mickey-taking, then threaten to huff off to SouthernDownhill?

So you didn’t detect my humour/irony/pisstaking in that statement I made at all then? 😉

Humour works BOTH ways… And I ellicited more responses! So there we go…

Think the general gist I’m getting here is that there’s not much MTB stuff, aside from the odd uber niche brand, or a product within a range already, that isn’t currently imported. Maybe what I need to do is trawl a few old threads on MTBR for ideas, always a few brands on there I’ve never heard of (some for good reason though probably).

MussEd
    Free Member

So you didn’t detect my humour/irony/pisstaking in that statement I made at all then?

Nah, completely over my head I’m afraid, but then that’s what an afternoon spent arguing with Kwikfit would do to you, well that an absence of emoticons/smileys. Until now I note…

Good luck with whatever you do decide to do…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Someone prepared to carry the full range of Kayland kit.

wwaswas

there’s not much MTB stuff, aside from the odd uber niche brand, or a product within a range already, that isn’t currently imported.

I’m not sure we’re in a position to tell, are we?

mboy
    Free Member

I’m not sure we’re in a position to tell, are we?

Which is what I was trying to understand in the first place…

but then that’s what an afternoon spent arguing with Kwikfit would do to you

Walk out, go to another garage… TRUST me here… Last year, my only venture into a Kwik Fit ever (they offered an MOT that day for £30) and the thieving ****’s (for that is what they are) wanted £528 to get my Golf through its MOT… I ended up going elsewhere, where it was done for £150… Including another MOT test!

tazzymtb

soul cycles

sinister

soma

those European fat bikes

singletrack solutions bar ends

Lenz

gunnar

etc….

epicyclo

This

smell_it
    Free Member

Soccer mom’s, the internet seems to portray them as a rather lively bunch!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Gelato.

Smooth dusty trails

terrahawk
    Free Member

Skippy Peanut Butter

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Almond m&ms

GJP
    Free Member

Baum cycles. Mosquito bikes did them for a while (I think). Things of beauty, probably no different in truth to a Seven or a IF, but I have always like them.

midlifecrashes

Raleigh USA make some lovely bikes. I covet this:

Oggles
    Free Member

@Terrahawk You can get Skippy PB in Sainsbury’s 🙂

shortcut

Sun and dusty trails please!

aa
    Free Member

Ted Wojcick frames

Soulcraft Frames

Proper representation for

Paul Components
    Phil Wood
    NJS stuff

sambob
    Free Member

recovery drink: coke black, good stuff!

terrahawk
    Free Member

<scuttles off to Sainsburys>

aracer
    Free Member

Fair comment, I’m not just on about the US though, could be from anywhere…

All sorts of stuff made (or marketed) in Germany in that case. I’ve given you your starter – you do your research yourself.

Other Euro stuff I’ve self-imported includes FRM and Extralite – I have a feeling there’s no UK importer for either of those (though they may not be the sort of thing which floats your boat).

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Terrahawk:

You can get skippy peanut butter in Costco. Just bough a jar yesterday. 1/3 off too!

toys19
    Free Member

more Transition bikes please.

epicyclo

Just noticed the GF Sawyer is listed as available in the UK, so now I’ll have to think of something else.

Xylene
    Free Member

Affordable servants and maids, how one misses his live in maid and gardener.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Risse Racing doesn’t have a UK distributor bring some of their stuff in and then we can all service our shocks at home with the help of their wonderful needle valve shock pump.

one_bad_mofo

the only reason i cant answer this properly is ‘cos I’ve never bought anything from the US to know what they’ve got that we dont….

would i be correct in guessing this question is being asked with more motivation than “purely thinking outside of the box”? you seem pretty intent on answers… almost like a business idea depended on it?

Fair comment, I’m not just on about the US though, could be from anywhere…

And as of the last 3 weeks, I’ve been back on the dole again, been doing a lot of thinking… In answer to your last question, it’s a firm yes/no/maybe… Purely just coming up with ideas at the moment, see if it was in any way feasible, but also just for a bit of fun…

I know the guys who ran Sorted Cycles and they imported less well known brands for several years, including Soma, but in the end they stopped due to the time money/ratio just not working out.

epicyclo

Bundie Rum

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Stuff unavailable in the UK… What would you like to see more of?’ is closed to new replies.