Home Forums Chat Forum Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,770 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
    donald
    Free Member

Pendants

Hanging’s too good for them

garage-dweller

The kind of ******* driver who thinks it’s ok to verbally abuse a teenager who is out cycling and call them something rhyming with banker at a set of busy traffic lights.  

Maybe it’s not disproportionately cross though.  Sorry, venting.  

pocpoc
    Free Member

Fortnite/Epic Games/Playstation account linking.

Just spent a good hour trying to sort out linking my sons accounts to his new console. Trying to unravel the previous 4 years of linking accounts on various consoles for multiple offspring and eventually (after lots of sweating and ranting) clicking a link that basically says “if this isn’t right then you can’t change it for 365 days”. I closed my eyes, held my breath and clicked OK…. and it worked! But I’ve probably done something to another child’s account that I’ll find out the consequences of later today.

MSP

Buying an expensive rear light (Lupine rotlicht max) and finding it charges through micro-usb and not usb-c, FFS Lupine that should have been sorted 3 years ago.

Alex

Finding that not drinking actually makes me feel better. I cannot tell you how annoying that is. 

People wishing me happy new year when I’ve been back at work a a week and they’ve just strolled back in.

j4mie
    Free Member

People sitting at traffic lights with their foot on the brakes and the brake lights burning the back of my retinas.

Use the handbrake FFS that’s what it’s there for!

Cretins.

solarider
    Free Member

People sitting at traffic lights with their foot on the brakes and the brake lights burning the back of my retinas.

Use the handbrake FFS that’s what it’s there for!

Cretins.

I am with you (along with fog lights when the visibility doesn’t require it!)….but

My new car doesn’t have a handbrake, and even when I sit at the lights with my foot off the brake in ‘hold’ mode, the frickin’ high level brake light blares away. Knowing of my own personal annoyance at just that situation, I somehow feel the need to apologize to other road users. So, if you ever end up behind me, sorry!

jonm81

Likewise on my Tourneo Custom automatic. Also as soon as you put it in neutral the start/stop function turns off. It inly turns the engine off if you keep your foot on the brake in drive or put it in park.

jimw
    Free Member

My new car doesn’t have a handbrake, and even when I sit at the lights with my foot off the brake in ‘hold’ mode, the frickin’ high level brake light blares away

This annoys me too. On my Golf if you set the electric handbrake when stationary it turns the lights off. I always do this now

Mister-P
    Free Member

Someone putting their dog poo bag (with poop in it) in my recycling box. I spotted it and fished it out before the bin men arrived. Put it in my rubbish bag instead.

redmex
    Free Member

I hope you doubled up with the gloves as you fished it out the bag into the other bin, put me right off my tea

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Thems m&s tetrapak juices.

Whilst we admire their decision to make the drinking straws out of paper, I have yet been unable to find a supplied straw, stiff enough to pierce their cartons of juice.

Pook

I hope you doubled up with the gloves as you fished it out the bag into the other bin, put me right off my tea

People who right-justify FOR NO REASON AT ALL!

matt_outandabout

My new car doesn’t have a handbrake

Whoah, what now?

What car is this?

I thought handbrake was tested as part of MOT?

DrP

My blood boils at all teh arrogant lazy parents who park up on the zig zags and double yellows outside my daughter’s school..

Honestly…I’m about 3 hail-marys away from junmping up and down on their bonnet screaming profanities in their cracked window panes…!!!!!

I’ve actually figured it’s better and (professionally) safer for me to just pony up and buy the school a bunch of free standing ‘no parking’ signs, and just donate them!!!

DrP

fasgadh
    Free Member

The constant use of the word “insane” by Youtube posters.

MoreCashThanDash

The constant use of the word “insane” by Youtube posters.

I know, it’s mad, innit.

Watty

Pinky! It’s a little finger ffs!

onewheelgood

People who CBA to read through 37 pages of quality content to find that we already did this one.

misteralz
    Free Member

My outlaws are like toddlers in one particular respect and it maddened me the last time they were here. Felt like I spent 75% of my time moving stuff away from edges. Mugs and glasses an inch from table edges. Mobiles and I pads hanging over the edge. Ridiculous. Drove me mental.

Harry_the_Spider

Cat shit.

“Found” some near my bins this morning. 

matt_outandabout

I’ve actually figured it’s better and (professionally) safer for me to just pony up and buy the school a bunch of free standing ‘no parking’ signs, and just donate them!!!

While this is the practical and sensible way forward, I do wonder if paying someone to walk round with a set of half windscreen size stickers that say ‘I am a selfish *&^%£$” for parking here’ would be more fun and effective…

Clicky for rude word sticker

vs

hooli

I wouldn’t waste your money, they had the signs and the plastic bollards with plastic chain outside our local primary school. They had to be binned as they had been damaged by cars, I would like for there to be a punchline here but the driving standards and entitlement are such that this isn’t the case.

I challenged a mother one morning when her front wheel was on the base of the sign and she told me “it’s OK, I wont be long”, no amount of pointing to the signs and explaining improved things so I left before I smashed her car to bits in front of a few hundred kids and parents doing the morning school run.

MoreCashThanDash

I left before I smashed her car to bits in front of a few hundred kids and parents doing the morning school run.

I bet there’d be a few hundred parents willing to swear that they never saw anything.

kayak23

When they collect the recycling and leave one or two things in the bottom.

When they collect the recycling and smash your brand new box you had to pay for to bits. 

mattyfez

When they collect the recycling and smash your brand new box you had to pay for to bits.

I feel you, one of my recycling boxes is more duct tape than box!

sirromj

Swooping on the android keyboard just seems to pick completely random words half the time… Except when you want it to of course, except when you yet top demonstrate hope random the word production is. Grrrrrrr

Cougar

And? They’ll collect it next time.

I gave up on boxes and sacks. a) they get stolen and b) some poxy little box is of little use when it’s collected fortnightly and I could fill it in an afternoon. I just chuck out bin bags now, even the fascists that run Burnley Council will accept them so long as they’re clear bags.

mattyfez

I can’t even get a council approved plastic bag for my paper/light card board, despite repeated requests.

So I just ram it into amazon/morrisons grocery home delivery paper bags now…which luckily I have a surplus of as I order a couple of times a month.

The recycling people don’t appear to have an issue with it, as its clearly a paper bag full of paper and light card.

kayak23

And? They’ll collect it next time.

Well not really, as the same tends to happen every time innit.
    Hence my disproportionate crossness.

People that keep trying to highlight that your being cross with something is disproportionate, in a thread dedicated to the celebration of that exact thing 😉

kayak23

Kirsty Young on Desert Island Discs pronouncing ‘Philharmonic’ as if it’s a bloke named Phil.

Disproportionate crossness is cancelled out though due to her being so thoroughly lovely 😊

Paul-B

My wife left 3 half cut up peppers on the work top this morning. Cut the other half up for tonights tea then just left the remainder out to slowly decompose. Why would you do that? WHY???

DrP

Operation “walk you lazy c**ts” started yesterday!

PXL_20240110_145617775

Headteacher seemed really appreciative!

Lets hope this calms me down somewhat!

DrP

redmex
    Free Member

How do you say Philharmonic without mentioning Phil?

I remember Kirsty when she did the Stv news Monday to Friday she was gorgeous with the deep sexy toned voice. Serious face at the serious news but her face lit up like the sun coming through the sky when the good reports were read and no one died or was arrested and sent to jail

dyna-ti

I do wonder if paying someone to walk round with a set of half windscreen size stickers that say ‘I am a selfish *&^%£$” for parking here’ would be more fun and effective…

As long as its a paper sticker and not the full plastic type that can be peeled back off in one go. One of those that tears or de laminates, leaving the really sticky bit firmly stuck to the windscreen.

If a jobs worth doing …

tjagain

I do wonder if paying someone to walk round with a set of half windscreen size stickers that say ‘I am a selfish *&^%£$” for parking here’ would be more fun and effective…

A mate and I made some up and had a wee campaign on inconsiderate parkers.   Only small stickers tho and never where they can obscure vision.  Maybe made a slight difference

kayak23

How do you say Philharmonic without mentioning Phil?

Oh, you mention Phil, but usually it’s seamless and one word like, ‘fillahmonic’.
    Not ‘Phil Harmonic’. 😊

jonnyrobertson

Estate agent signs with the photo of the agent on them.  Yeah, they can say its all about “providing the personal touch” but all I see is “Look at me! Look at me!”.  Im probably wrong but it just seems egotistical, rather than “personal”.  Winds me right up when I know it shouldn’t.

Actually,  as we’re here, estate agent listings that are just plain bobbins.  Too few photos, no floorplans, etc.  It’s not difficult, for the money they charge things like this should be a given.

redmex
    Free Member

Estate agents, funeral personnel and even vasectomy surgeons

https://images.app.goo.gl/A5M46jiGYYpoLNqD6

onewheelgood

People who use ‘electric’ as a noun, as in ‘the electric is broken’ – the electric what? It’s an adjective, and the noun is ‘electricity’.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,770 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.