Home Forums Chat Forum Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross

• This topic has 2,760 replies, 397 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by sargey.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 2,761 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
    kayak23

People don’t peel carrots? First against the wall when I’m in charge.

Nobody lies on their death bed wishing they’d spent more time peeling carrots.
    Satsumas, yes. Carrots, no.

blokeuptheroad

People don’t peel carrots? First against the wall when I’m in charge

People who waffle at great length about tying shoelaces. Shoelaces FFS! 🙄 Any last requests? 😉

This will blow your mind. I never peel carrots, parsnips,  mushrooms,  potatoes*  or tomatoes. Life is too short and the most nutritious and best tasting part of most veg is the skin. A quick scrub/wash and jobs a good un.

*except (reluctantly) for mash. For chips, wedges, roasters, boiled tatties I simply CBA and reckon they taste all the better for it.

Cougar

As I am now discovering. I couldn’t describe how I tie laces but my hands absolutely know and are not happy about the change

String Theory? 😁

Do the bow as you always have, reverse the initial knot.

I never peel carrots, parsnips, mushrooms, potatoes* or tomatoes.

I always knew you were a ****ing deviant.

Mash can be the one you don’t need to peel. Take baby potatoes almost cooked through, transfer to a wok with chopped spring onions and too much butter that have been sizzling for a couple of minutes, bash it all together. Bit of salt, herbs du jour, You’ll never want regular mash again.

nickc

Look at your laces right now, are they straight or are they at a pissed angle? If they’re crooked then you’re probably tying them wrong.

[looks at laces, is smug…]

thelawman

Look at your laces right now, are they straight or are they at a pissed angle? If they’re crooked then you’re probably tying them wrong

I humbly refer your honours to the comment I made some pages back about tying coats, jumpers etc around waists with reef knots versus granny knots. Verily ’tis the same bloody thing.

Cougar

It is. (I think I replied at the time, also?)

thelawman

You did indeed. We appeared to be a minority of two; heyho

reeksy

Training courses where the trainer spends the first hour on an introduction which isn’t particularly helpful and could have been done in ten minutes. 

At this rate I’m going to struggle to do all three sessions.

Flaperon

Training courses where the trainer spends the first hour on an introduction which isn’t particularly helpful and could have been done in ten minutes.

Followed by “let’s go around the room and introduce ourselves.”

No. Just no. I tend to stay awake just long enough in sessions like this to appreciate that the content might be mildly interesting in the hands of a competent person.

I’ll add to this mandatory computer-based training that’s the same irrelevant content every year and which lacks a fast-forward button.

Murray

mandatory computer-based training that’s the same irrelevant content every year and which lacks a fast-forward button

They’ve changed ours so that we can read a short summary and go straight to the test, far better.

garage-dweller

let’s go around the room and introduce ourselves.

Creeping Death is the preferred term I believe.
    Nothing makes me disproportionately cross. My anger and frustration is always perfectly balanced on an objective level.  😜

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Training courses where the trainer spends the first hour on an introduction

Any trainer who uses or advocates the Tell them what you’re going to tell them, tell them, tell them what you told them method.
    **** *****”** ***** stupid ****”

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Training courses that “raise awareness” instead of telling you stuff to do and not do. You’re the instructor, instruct me!

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Teaser marketing emails that say “exciting announcement coming soon!”

Listen, pal, when you’ve decided what you want to say, say it.

reeksy

Nobody lies on their death bed wishing they’d spent more time peeling carrots.
    Satsumas, yes. Carrots, no.

Come again. You’re saying people die wishing they’d peeled more satsumas? Well that’s the first i’ve heard of it.

reeksy

And “I’m not a robot” can get to ****!

That isn’t a motorbike anyway, it’s a moped. So you’re wrong anyway. Now let me in!

andy5390

And “I’m not a robot” can get to ****!

That isn’t a motorbike anyway, it’s a moped. So you’re wrong anyway. Now let me in!

And, do I click the square with 1/16th of the wheel in it or not…………

Cougar

And, do I click the square with 1/16th of the wheel in it or not…………

It’s probably not looking for absolute accuracy anyway. It’s looking for whether you’re going “do I click the square with 1/16th of the wheel in it or not” like a human would.

kayak23

Gift bags.
    Why TF do we have a drawer full of them that only multiplies and I’m not allowed to get rid? 😐

PXL_20231020_135641403

jamesoz

Date codes.

Just write the date FFS.

Cougar

Why TF do we have a drawer full of them that only multiplies and I’m not allowed to get rid? 😐

Because you can reuse them! Nothing says “I love you” like a gift bag that’s been crumpled at the back of a drawer for years.

One of my exes, at Christmas her dad would have everyone open their presents carefully so that he could try and salvage the wrapping paper.

redmex
    Free Member

Folk in the street that get their bins emptied but take 3 maybe 4 days to take them back round to where they should be kept not on the pavement 

DrJ

Probly bin dun but …

people who sit on the weights machines for ages between “sets” I get that you’re “recovering” but people have recovered from open heart surgery in less time, and if it really DOES take you that long, then why don’t you **** off and recover elsewhere so I can use the machine while you do your Facebook ?

blokeuptheroad

Another that may have been done.  People who say ‘fur babies’.  I just unwisely went on the local facebook page to check on which roads were open after the flooding and was met by people stressing about collecting their ‘fur babies’ from ‘doggy day care’.  I’m not belittling their concern for their pets, just their vomit inducing choice of words.

Oh… local facebook groups

People who call each other ‘hun’

Cougar

People who say ‘fur babies’.

But how will they find their forever home after the other pet has passed over the rainbow bridge?

These are the same people who dress up their cats and dogs in little outfits. I love animals but jesus christ, go and get laid already.

Cougar

People who call each other ‘hun’

On that note,

“u ok hun?”

People who shorten already diminutive words. Like “you” is so complex. It’s harder to read and these days it’s harder to type. A while back someone was talking about their dorta, that took me a minute to decipher.

CountZero

Look at your laces right now, are they straight or are they at a pissed angle? If they’re crooked then you’re probably tying them wrong.

I. Don’t. Care. I have increasingly painful joints in my thumbs and wrists, so as long as my laces are tight enough my shoes stay on, I’m perfectly happy.

Anyone looking at someone else’s shoes and tutting about their laces, needs to find a mirror and have a long and involved conversation with themselves about their life choices. 🙄

fazzini

Gift bags

We have a couple of these that are purposely ‘recycled’ each year. Each year we give our friends a bottle of wine in a gift bag, and they do likewise for us. The following year we repeat the process, using the bag each other gave the year before. Think we’ve managed 10+ years still using the same 2 bags 😁

leffeboy

People who ask you a question on whatsapp but **** off even if you answer immediatly and don’t reply again for hours.  I think I’m too old for modern messaging, i need to treat it like telegrams really

blokeuptheroad

I. Don’t. Care. I have increasingly painful joints in my thumbs and wrists, so as long as my laces are tight enough my shoes stay on, I’m perfectly happy.

Slip ons are beckoning and cardigans with patches on the elbows and maybe a nice pair of beige crimplene ‘slacks’? 😉

Cougar

All the more reason to do it properly so you don’t need to do it again. 😁

Anyone looking at someone else’s shoes and tutting about their laces, needs to find a mirror and have a long and involved conversation with themselves about their life choices. 🙄

I saw some mirrored shoes in a shop window once. I thought, “I could see myself in those…”

thelawman

Poor, lazy grammar such as this phrase, from a BBC article about a Govt policy report on wildlife reintroductions, which apparently “shows that one in six UK species are at risk of extinction”
    You need an ‘is’ there, not an ‘are’. So much for professional journalism.

kelvin

“One in six” doesn’t refer to a singular species, but a huge number of species that make up that proportion of all species. Your house style guide might prefer different use of language, but the BBC grammar is fine.

Cougar

Yeah, nice catch. If it was “one of six” then it should be ‘is,’ but I’m fairly sure there’s more than six species in total. Compare “around 17% of species [is|are] at risk.”

redmex
    Free Member

£100 parking fine for 5 mins in a loading bay on a Sunday morning but not got the correct vehicle to use a loading bay

Greedy councils hate them with a passion

fazzini

Hotel restaurants that serve fish and chips on fake newspaper. The plate you provided as well would have done FFS. Oh, and while I’m on the subject, stop plastering the lifts, room, welcome info, bathroom with notices extolling your green virtues regarding use of, and replacement of towels. I hung mine up, as I do every time, yet still you insist on replacing them daily…I’d prefer it if you’d focus on dusting and hoovering tbh.

MoreCashThanDash

So much for professional journalism.

I think you are missing slightly more serious failures of professional journalism

thelawman

but the BBC grammar is fine.

Looks like we’ll have to agree to disagree on the grammar; I appreciate the context refers to many species, but nonetheless the subject of that specific sentence was ‘one species’. Therefore ‘are’ doesn’t feel right. And it was only one example of plenty others like what I’ve seen recently.
    Let’s not forget this is all about disproportionate crossness 😉

kelvin

the subject of that specific sentence was ‘one species’

No, it wasn’t. Clearly. Taking half the words out of a clause completely changes the meaning.

It would be better to get more angry about UK habitat loss and fragmentation.

[ I’ve gone all fun police, sorry. I started off trying to dissipate some anger, now I just feel like a bore. ]

onehundredthidiot

People who get all serious on humorous threads.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 2,761 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.