Home Forums Chat Forum Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 2,762 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
    Cougar

“Why have you taken the filter out?”

“Stuff keeps getting caught in it.”

“…
    What do you suppose it’s for?”

h4muf
    Free Member

Dog treats that are impossible to cut into two.

bedmaker

When I open my Aergrind to find a pile of rough ground beans instead of the fine ground espresso I want, I get very cross that someone has picked it up and fiddled with the setting.

Disproportionately cross according to my family.  I disagree.  It’s a serious business.

jamiemcf

When I ask folk at work ‘do you know how to do that’ and they reply with ‘yeah’ I then watch them make a **** of it.

I don’t mind if folk don’t know. I’d rather show them, but trying to blag it and fail miserably makes you look like a ****.

redmex
    Free Member

Neighbours are supposedly getting large item uplift a fridge freezer but move it down the street a bit away from their door , it better get lifted

squirrelking
    Free Member

Take a shite in it. It won’t make the situation any better but it may give you some puerile amusement. Oh and make sure their address is somewhere about it.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Opening a cupboard and an item falling out.

Selfish people after holding doors, gates

People sat in middle lanes this results in Monty burns level anger

People interupting conversations rediculous questions.

Policing not having a much harder stance like mowing down bellends on electric scooters while wearing a wooly face covering

dyna-ti

^^ Completely unsuitable to hold a shotgun licence.

Coyote
    Free Member

Pensioners in supermarkets on Saturday morning. Why? They have all week to shop so why sloth round the aisles like a creeping grey plague getting in the way of people who just want to shop and get on with life?

Also North Face clad, balaclava masked scrotes zipping round city centres on souped up electric scooters.

I realise that I am also unsuitable to hold a shotgun licence…

martinhutch

Dunno about disproportionately, but I’ve just tried to do online check in for a couple of flights with Ryanair that were, unknown to me, booked via some agent they’re having a tiff with, so they are trying to make it as hard as possible for passengers to use them. Cue endless verification process (twice over) involving ‘live action selfies’ and payments.

Suffice it to say I will never use either of them again. RAGING! :)

Kramer
    Free Member

People who let other people out on the road.

Ultimate selfishness.

Make all the people behind them feel cross just so they can feel that they’ve done their good deed for the day.

martinhutch

Oh, this is a good one.

Cougar

… when there’s nothing else behind them.

People waiting to come out, I’ll glance behind. If it’s solid traffic I’ll let them out because it makes zero difference to anything and the poor sod is going to be there hours otherwise. If there’s like one car behind me then I won’t because there’s no point.

I will however counter this with, people who are letting you out but have made no indication that they’re doing so. So they’ll approach slower and slower before finally somewhat exasperatedly flapping their hand at you… like, I appreciate it and all, but it’d have been easier and quicker for all concerned if you’d just got out the way.

Cougar

When I forget a conversation, “you never listen.”

When she forgets a conversation, “you didn’t tell me that.”

ossify

Perfectly acceptable to let people out when the car behind is tailgating you 😁

Oh and I’ll add: drivers who don’t let you cross the road when it makes no difference at all to them.

Eg. I am standing at the edge waiting to cross, maybe to an island or something, and 5 cars in slow moving rush hour traffic sail calmly past at 5mph only to get held up 10 meters down the road. Would it really hurt you to let me go? Makes me just as angry whether they’re being selfish or just plain oblivious.

See also: drivers who don’t stop at zebra crossings.

Kramer
    Free Member

People who open packs of biscuits and then don’t put them in the biscuit barrel.

dyna-ti

Folk who don’t raise a hand in acknowledged thanks, after you move over and wait as they drive down a narrow bit of road.

Or pull out suddenly,wave, then stop and attempt to parallel park in a spot that is much too small, but they’ll happily block the entire road until it becomes obvious even to them.

See also: cyclists who don’t stop at zebra crossings.

fify

wheelsonfire1

The pop-up asking to increase STW storage to 5.1Gb!!

kayak23

People who take biscuits out of perfectly adequate packaging and decant them into some kind of ‘barrel’ in an attempt to keep up with the Joneses.

onehundredthidiot

bickering about mince and trivia

The fact this should be “mince and tatties”, then imagining a STW mince and tatties argument has lightened today’s mood.

fasthaggis

Drivers trying to cut over a T-Junction,then glaring at the cyclist waiting (on the right side of the line)at said T-junction..W**kPuffins

Bunnyhop

People who buy a food item from a cafe on a gorgeous sunny day, having parked right next to all the people enjoying their food/drink/cake/snacks outside in the glorious sunshine, they then sit inside their Audi TT, fire up the engine and let it idle while eating. The stupid inconsiderate driver polluting the cafe customers, most of whom have cycled.

Oh yes the balaclava wearing scooter riding, red light jumping, pedestrian hitting little scrotes (the sooner they’re rounded up and flown out to a desert island the better).

MoreCashThanDash

Opening a cupboard and an item falling out.

I’m at the point when I’m surprised if this doesn’t happen

nickjb
    Free Member

See also: cyclists who don’t stop at zebra crossings.

This really doesn’t bother me as a pedestrian. I try to wave cyclists through, although they usually stop. Its a tiny effort for me to stop and as a cyclist I know it’s nice to keep rolling. Obviously not great if you are expecting them to stop and they don’t but not as bad as a car doing it (usually with the driver on the phone or playing with the radio, utterly oblivious to their surroundings)

singletrackmind

People who are turning left into a side road when there is a car waiting to emerge, so they stop. When there is a line of cars as far as the eye can see all going 42mph. Causing the emerging vehicle to pull tentatively 3ft forward just enough to block the road in the hope that someone coming the way will also stop to let them in.

Causing maybe 40 cars to all come to an unnecessary standstill just because

richardkennerley

It would be a much more pleasant experience for everyone if we were all happy to actually let people out of side streets, if everyone realised that person’s journey was just as important as theirs.

This from the point of view of someone who has to turn right out of a side street every morning through a line of slow moving traffic. Is amazing how selfish they all are. They’re in a rolling queue, can’t possibly stop for a few seconds, oh no. And god forbid I start to poke my nose out. Woah, that really deserves the gesticulations and people shouting w4nker at me.

smiffy

people who are letting you out but have made no indication that they’re doing so. So they’ll approach slower and slower before finally somewhat exasperatedly flapping their hand at you… like, I appreciate it and all, but it’d have been easier and quicker for all concerned if you’d just got out the way.

– this, on the motorway. The car that is hovering around your blindspot ~5m back in the next lane suddenly wants you to pull out into the non-existent space in front of them, when doing so would be about as dangerous a thing as you could do. Two minutes before they were catching up, so why not just carry on past and let me decide when it safe and appropriate to change lanes, like I’m supposed to?

zomg

That we install speed bumps where we should be installing cameras or closing through roads.

kayak23

Those thick, bumpy lines at an increasing pitch you get approaching a dangerous junction to remind you to slow down? I’m fine with that.

Those thick, bumpy lines at an increasing pitch you get AFTER a dangerous junction to remind you to slow down?
    Wtf is that about?

Speeder

kayak23

Those thick, bumpy lines at an increasing pitch you get AFTER a dangerous junction to remind you to slow down?
    Wtf is that about?

In Wales near my parents they do it properly with the lines painted only on the incoming direction.  I think it just got lost in translation when it got popular. Either that, or someone has a lot of paint to use up, or is on a day rate.

johndoh
    Free Member

When I forget a conversation, “you never listen.”

When she forgets a conversation, “you didn’t tell me that.”

God yes! The version I live with is:

When I have forgotten something MrsJohn has told me: ‘I can’t believe you’ve forgotten that thing I told you’

When MrsJohn forgets something I told her: ‘You can’t expect me to remember everything’.

stick_man

What makes me cross is private student rental accommodation. A relative is paying £700 a month for a room in a shared house of 7. So the cost is pretty annoying in itself. But not content with just taking the cash the landlord then dictates that no bikes can be stored anywhere in the house, and runs frequent checks. There isn’t anywhere secure enough outside so he is unable to have a bike at uni. Why is the landlord allowed to dictate terms like this? Surely “leave it as you found it” would be a fairer arrangement?

And on a similar theme – landlords using deposit as a nice bonus for themselves. The last place he rented, all left tidy and clean… apart from some dust on the blinds for which they deducted £75. The thieving little so and so’s.

Probably been going on since the beginning of time but still annoying.

mattyfez

I get the same thing all the time.

I ask a question… “I told you last week!”

Well no, dear, you have half a conversation in your head and you only verbalise the other half.. And expect me to understand or even care what you are saying?

When the boots on the other foot though.. I get “you never mentioned that! ”

I refer you to my WhatsApp massage at 16:37 last Thursday, which you marked as read and even replied to!

Then I get the silent treatment for a few days.

robola

Just took a delivery of bolts for a DIY project,

40 M12 bolts – check

40 12mm washers – check

40 12mm nuts – check

16mm drill bit…

hot_fiat

Finding that the table’s been cleared… …into the sink.

Kramer
    Free Member

Bellends suddenly changing lanes in traffic jams, causing people behind them to brake suddenly and so making the traffic jam even worse.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Get a call about a coupon (apparently that’s what the bit you cut out with a holesaw is called) getting sucked into a pipe as its contaminated and under vaccum, they want to know if we can live with it if they can’t get it out.

Check the job spec to familiarise myself with it, take firm note that the flange they were drilling was supposed to have been removed to a workshop.

Wonder why that was?

**** idiots.

(they got it out)

chrismac

Councils lowering speed limits that have been perfectly fine for the last 30 years and put up cameras to generate cash.

Cougar

the cash the landlord then dictates that no bikes can be stored anywhere in the house, and runs frequent checks.

Move the bike outside ahead of the visit. A landlord can’t just come and go as they please, it’s the tenants’ home.

landlords using deposit as a nice bonus for themselves.

This was cracked down on too. If the deposit isn’t in a holding scheme then they’re acting illegally.

redmex
    Free Member

A wee bit of haar blows in and getting blinded by fog lights

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 2,762 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.