Home Forums Chat Forum Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,764 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
    stwhannah

Anything that needs an app to make it work.

Alex

On that note, app upgrades that ‘lose’ your credentials and make you go find them again or do a password reset.

kelvin

New one for me… “Grandparent’s Day”… buy, buy, buy…

Murray

People who leave their shopping trolleys randomly in supermarket car parks. Yes, someone employed by the supermarket will pick it up from the place you’ve dumped it but if you managed to walk around the supermarket you can walk the extra 10m to put it in the right place.

blokeuptheroad

People who leave their shopping trolleys randomly in supermarket car parks.

I think they are the same demographic that throw McDonalds wrappers and Red Bull cans out of car windows.

antigee
    Free Member

Stood waiting turn then phone rings and that gets answered…typical yesterday:

20minute stood waiting to pick up repaired car tyre…women in front complaining given wrong keys…she was right…her black Mercedes was the newer of the two but the one they had extracted from the tetris parking wasn’t hers…”look I’ll point the key and show you”…”oh”…guy finally reappears to the phone ringing…ignores me and answers…not a customer another branch insisting he went out and physically checked if had stock some tyre so rather than offer to ring back he goes off to do it straight away….I wasted his time by chatting about his dog photos

kayak23

stwhannah

Unfortunately these days I very often need a nap to make me work. 😂

Cougar

Stood waiting turn then phone rings and that gets answered…typical yesterday:

On a related note,

Shop assistants yapping on their mobile whilst simultaneously attempting to serve you. Surely the height of ignorance.

Cougar

Minicab drivers who drop anchor in the middle of the road blocking off traffic when there’s a perfectly viable space right next to them. I feel like knocking on their window and asking if they’d like me to order a taxi for them in order to give them a lift to the kerb.

Minicab drivers who arrive with all the windows down because they’ve blatantly just had a fag on the way over.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Loosing when people mean losing (see thread about CRC Wiggle in bike forum)

mert
    Free Member

A colleague who seems to think that i, as the SME on a subject, with a huge raft of legal requirements from multiple territories to comply with (many of which conflict with each other). Can just slip a “minor tweak into the code” to allow a behaviour that is explicitly illegal in half the markets and in conflict with a “strong recommendation” in about a dozen others. Apparently about 200 customers have complained about the existing behaviour.

First answer was long, flowery and detailed with lots of explanations and links to the relevant legislation. Two screens full of data.

The next one (number 6 or 7 i think) may result in me getting a call from HR or their manager. It will also be less than 12 words.

The last one was 4 bullet points. And only 4 bullet points.

Asking the question hasn’t made me cross, it’s asking it 5 or 6 times that has.

blokeuptheroad

My supermarket one is people waiting untill the checkout person tells them how much, before they begin to start searching frantically in every pocket, bag etc. for their means of payment. As if the fact that they are required to pay for what’s in their trolley has come as a great shock to them. Then rinse and repeat when asked if they have a nectar, club or whatever card!

If I could have surgery to turn my Paddington hard-stare into Lazer beams, there would be a trail of death and destruction in the shops round here.

theomen

Shop assistants yapping on their mobile whilst simultaneously attempting to serve you. Surely the height of ignorance.

I was in a pub waiting to be served by the barman who was too busy on the phone to notice me. After a minute I shouted to him will I send you a text to order my drinks? To be fair be was embarrassed and apologised.

It really wasn’t his fault as I somehow always seem to wear a cloak of invisibility when I’m at a bar as they never see me…

Houns

Currently staying in a Travelodge in Dumbarton to break up my drive North and it has made me cross…

Sinks with no way of knowing how to lift up the plug from the plug hole. My toothpaste swillings are going down the loo

Cougar

Oh, I came up with a brilliant invention for that. If we put plugs on a little chain, we could just yank them out rather than playing hunt-the-lever or fishing around in the dirty water after we’ve just dried our hands. I’m surprised no-one’s thought of it before.

(is there a little push-rod affair behind the tap maybe?)

FB-ATB

The use of “PIN numbers” in this thread:

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/probability-odds-question/

Houns

Nope no rods. Just a mixer tap which I’ve tried pushing and pulling and hitting

Harry_the_Spider

Touch control induction hobs.

Scapegoat

Houns it’ll be a pop-up. Press down on the middle of the plug to release.

mattyfez

People who can’t have a normal conversation without turning it into a debate that they some how have to ‘win’.

It’s so mentally exhausting.

Murray

Basins in the gents with only a hot tap. That’s OK but putting a sign up saying “Danger, hit water” annoys me. What am I meant to do? Risk the dangerous hot water or not wash my hands?

Kramer
    Free Member

Unclear light hearted toilet gender mapping.

benpinnick

Sinks with no way of knowing how to lift up the plug from the plug hole. My toothpaste swillings are going down the loo

On a rotating pin maybe?

mattyfez

Hand dryers that only blow out coldish air that also have really weak fans, barely strong enough to move a leaf.

Fit a proper one or just have paper towels ffs!

Cougar

The use of “PIN numbers” in this thread:

RAS Syndrome.

Cougar

People who can’t have a normal conversation without turning it into a debate

No they don’t.

oceanskipper

Houns it’ll be a pop-up. Press down on the middle of the plug to release.

Or one that just pivots in the middle, basically a disc that hinges open and closed. Push on one edge.

oceanskipper

eBay scamming fees out of people.

List an item using 80% off final value fees and item doesn’t sell in 30 days so is automatically relisted with no warning email or anything and strangely sells within a few hours at the full rate. W⚓️s.

BoardinBob

People on classified ads that say “Here we have”. Fills me with rage and I’m not sure why

Kramer
    Free Member

That tomatoes doesn’t have a consistent order of symmetry.

fasgadh
    Free Member

Trying to get old caked stock of certain salts out of jars.  Endless scraping with a spatula.

kayak23

Daylesford Organic

mogrim

Not something I’ve ever noticed, but I’ll never look at a tomato the same way again. Thanks 😡

slowol

‘Cyclists Dismount’ signs on cycle paths. WTF! You never see a ‘driver’s mist get out and puch’ sign on a road.

mogrim

You never see a ‘driver’s mist get out and puch’ sign on a road.

Your not rong, their.

blokeuptheroad

That definitely fits the disproportionate part of the thread brief!

winston
    Free Member

University accommodation costs

squirrelking
    Free Member

My supermarket one is people waiting untill the checkout person tells them how much, before they begin to start searching frantically in every pocket, bag etc. for their means of payment. As if the fact that they are required to pay for what’s in their trolley has come as a great shock to them. Then rinse and repeat when asked if they have a nectar, club or whatever card!

See, I hate being that person but do you know what I hate more? When a previous version of an app (Google Wallet) offers a convenient function (long hold app to select required card) and then removes said function on a mandatory “upgrade”. Everyone complains and they don’t do a **** thing about it! Also compounded by the fact that to get into the app, wait for it to load and then select the correct card takes a bloody age. Yes, I’d do it beforehand but I was either too busy putting my shopping on the conveyer and letting people with 2 things in front of me or wrangling a forecourt pump!

Okay, I had a giggle when I saw this:

That’s OK but putting a sign up saying “Danger, hit water” annoys me.

But then I saw this:

You never see a ‘driver’s mist get out and puch’ sign on a road.

Also, nobody wants a Puch, they’re a shit catalogue brand.

tomd
    Free Member

Just been reminded of this one…folk asking for recommendations of places to ride with loads of specific, unrealistic expectations

“I’m going to [unlikely mtb destination] next week and looking for recommendations of trails. I like sweet flowing singletrack –  not looking for any hike-a-bike, forest tracks, trail centres road sections or steep climbs. Anyone got a gpx?”

So you basically want Finale Ligure but just outside Nantwich. Yeah the good trails are just past the Argentinian vegan restaurant and the Arab wine bar, turn left. ****.

Houns

I pressed the plug, I even tried to prise it up. No joy. Stumped. Ah well, now camping on Mull so not an issue

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,764 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.