Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Storage box instead of shed?
  • JCornford

I have the manly task of shed purchasing, which I know is quite a popular past time on here. I have a small terrace house and thus small garden, I need somewhere to store my 5 bikes and a lawnmower, but I don't want anything too tall that will block the sun out from other areas of the garden. so I was wondering about one of those half height wooden bike sheds like this one does anyone make one wide/deep enough for 5 bikes?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Above and beyond 'is it big enough', that looks like it has all the robustness of something that the three-little-pigs would live in. Would keep the rain off, but would pose little deterent to a tea-leaf (unless you go for secondary measures as well, like ground anchors).

JCornford

I wouldn't go for that one as you could probably break in with a pen knife, it was an example of the sort of thing I was looking at.

wwaswas

get a normal shed – you can use the height to help storage space and thus cut down on footprint.

Trick is to put the shed against the north side of the garden and then your neighbours benefit from any additional shade.

skidartist
    Free Member

I've been pondering getting into the shed/garden storage / garden office business. Not mass manufacture, but something a bit more niche, secure and attractive. Is really that much of an appetite for sheds here? Or rather one that isn't served by whats generally on offer?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Storage box instead of shed?’ is closed to new replies.