Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stolen Heckler, eBay?
  • qcamel
    Free Member

This ad looks pretty suspicious to me…… Just wondering if anybody recognises the bike??
    No description, first trade, mobile number………??????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/santa-cruz-heckler-/110823078622?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item19cd91fade#ht_720wt_1156

highclimber
    Free Member

This says it all really

cant really tell you much as i dont know about bikes as i am selling for a friend so please ring him

That seller is close to me. Can we do something about it (how naive I am). He’s got 0% feedback and looks as hot as Kelly brooks knickers

highclimber
    Free Member

happen an email to ebay might make them pull the ad but i suspect without the owners know how, the bike will just disappear. could try the police I suppose? they might have records of high end bikes nicked? I doubt someone wouldn’t miss a Heckler!

dazz
    Free Member

“Relisted due to timewaster” strange that they’ve never listed it before

dawson

I’m in Worksop – just trying to search on google to see if something similar has been stolen recently

I can’t find anything on the net regarding a lost Santa cruz. One of my mates had his Marin and other had a cube nicked but not a heckler. I watched a YouTube clip about 6 guys in America and they went to a blokes house who they had heard had nicked a bike and returned it to its rightful owner. Trouble is we don’t know who’s it is and this isn’t America

Junkyard
    Free Member

given the colour scheme the owner will surely recognise that

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It must be a dead small model with 11″ wheels, looking at that bottle of JD for scale! See last photo. 😀

My advice would be for the actual owner to win it, offer to pay cash on collection and simply take it for a spin never to return. I say this since being made aware of a very similar case where the proper owner got the police involved at collection time and was let down seriously by them.

Probably not a popular option.

I sent him a message asking for the frame no

He just replied with “what do you want that for?”

“to make sure it’s not nicked. If it’s legit then it’s just a frame no” was my reply

So far no response

stanfree
    Free Member

Is the green and red font some kind of magic eye trick as It’s almost impossible to decipher.

He responded with

Dear richbown48,

YEA MY FRAME NUMBER NOT FOR SOME1 ELSE TO PUT ON A NICKED 1 AND DO YOU THINK I WOULD PUT A NICKED BIKE ON HERE WHERE THE WORLD CAN SEE IT

– laraxxxxx
    Click “respond” to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

The description states its no their bike yet the reply states its their frame no

Only 1 hour left for £860

safi

It is no longer available, apparently.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Just ring the number & arrange to view it,clock the number,tell him subject to it being coshure youllhave it, then stick him in, im in Worksop annall,the pick dosnt look like manton,theres windows in the conservatory for a start!

johnnystorm

Very subtle questioning, I wonder why he bolted?! 🙄

Wouldn’t it been better to say you wanted to check what year it was for a spare bushing set or something?

highclimber
    Free Member

Very subtle questioning, I wonder why he bolted?

I know, I got flamed for doing something very similar though not as blunt as implying it actually was stolen!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stolen Heckler, eBay?’ is closed to new replies.